C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

w205 c200d amg rollover problem..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205 mercedes c200d amg
w205 c200d amg rollover problem..

1 month ago I had a car accident and my father died in the car.

just after the accident when i got out of the car i looked and saw non of my airbags didnt deploy... (front , side , window , knee , back) ..

I asked to mercedes seller in my country "why didnt my airbags open in this crash?" and they told me "your car didnt get any hit from front or side ... and because of it impact sensors didnt recognise your crash.. so its all normal.."

After this i searched internet about "how airbags work?" and i find there is rollover sensors , presure sensors etc.. so not only Impact sensors.. so i read my User Manual .. and it says "your airbags will deploy at "frontal crash , and side crash.. only " .. i look in to U.S.A. Mercedes C Class User Manual and in that Manual it say "your airbags will deploy at frontal crash , side crash and at rollover"

I search a lot more and i found www.iihs.org (that mercedes U.S.A. redirected me because their cars get higher ratings in this web page) and in this page i found this report about my car
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/veh...dan?print-view
it says at other safety features theres a "Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover"

Now i just want to know that if the information in is this web site is reliable for worldwide or only U.S.A. ... i mean if mercedes w205 cars, which bought with full features in, have rollover sensors all over the World or just in USA? And may be if they have them a little info abut how they work.. and If they don’t how can mercedes benz call we are best in World despite making the change between Europe and U.S.A.
Also i wonder how they cant make any safety system for rollovers on a car with full panoramic sunroof ?

(i can send pictures too but i am gonna sue them .. so i fear sharing pics on public may cause problems..)
Old 03-18-2017, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
First, sorry for your loss. I'm sure it's been horrible. The best occupant protection are the seat restraints (seat belts). If you can stay planted firmly in the seat it affords a lot of protection. The 205 has single use emergency seatbelt retractors that fire instantly and pin you hard into the seat. (Mine went off in a crash and worked perfectly, although it cost $4,000 to replace all the belts and controller).

The supplemental restraint system (SRS) is there to limit your body's contact with the hard surfaces of the passenger cell, which itself is designed to maintain its structural integrity even if an impact destroys much of the rest of the car.

Unfortunately your only protection in a roll over are the seat belts and the structural integrity of the roof. As an adjuster who's dealt with a lot of fatal roll overs, virtually all of them involved an unrestrained occupant who was either fully or partially ejected. Belted in occupants tend to escape with minor injuries unless the roof collapses entirely.

If your Dad was belted in and remained belted in but still suffered fatal injuries he caught a really bad break. Theoretically once the car's side made contact with the ground the side curtain airbags and side seat airbags should have deployed if the car still had power at that moment.

I've seen some "pure" rollovers where the sides never contact the ground at all. The front airbags need an impact to the front of the car. They're no help in a rollover and would typically not deploy.

As far as your question goes, your Mercedes meets or exceeds the safety standards of your country, but no system can guarantee your safety in every wreck.

Last edited by Mike5215; 03-18-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:13 PM

w205 mercedes c200d amg
my car didnt hit to the ground from sides or front .. just get hit directly to the roof .. also u saying seat belts and structural integrity of the roof only protection system of my car.. but our both seats are broked .. and seat belts make fatal wound to my fathers belly and chest so he died by that..

btw like i linked that links of iihs.org .. so it say theres a rollover sensor on this cars , but not tell only U.S.A. models. Do you know anything about that .. is IIHS only for amerika ?
Old 03-18-2017, 03:25 PM

w205 mercedes c200d amg
in this two picture at files , it say mercedes c class have rollover sensor ..
Attached Thumbnails w205 c200d amg rollover problem..-rollover.jpg   w205 c200d amg rollover problem..-iihs.png  
Old 03-18-2017, 04:00 PM

w205 mercedes c200d amg
also ty for your message..
Old 03-18-2017, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by adelante_s6
my car didnt hit to the ground from sides or front .. just get hit directly to the roof .. also u saying seat belts and structural integrity of the roof only protection system of my car.. but our both seats are broked .. and seat belts make fatal wound to my fathers belly and chest so he died by that..

btw like i linked that links of iihs.org .. so it say theres a rollover sensor on this cars , but not tell only U.S.A. models. Do you know anything about that .. is IIHS only for amerika ?
Did your dad die of bleeding from internal injuries from the force of his weight on the seatbelt as it restrained him inverted? I know they cinch down violently. They scared my daughter quite a bit but no injuries. Granted she weighs 90lbs and it was a rear end hit. Nothing like yours. Was your dad a large man?

As far as IIHS it's a safety consortium funded by car insurance companies in the US (Insurance Institute of Highway Safety.) It only does tests and gives ratings and recommendations. In the US the W205 has a top rating and is a 5 Star safety pick. It doesn't get any better. IIHS has no enforcement authority.

I'm pretty sure the W205 has a rollover sensor as part of Pre Safe. If the car senses an imminent rollover it closes the roof, the side windows, and it should also reposition the front seats and extend the headrests. (It's ok that the seats broke as long as during the crash they held you in place.)

I'm not sure any of that PreSafe would have prevented your father's injuries (as I understand them) though.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:42 AM

w205 mercedes c200d amg
my dad was near 110kg , and the seat he sit get broked and he lay back and because of it seat belts injured his belly and chest.. yes he died couse of that injures make him bleed a lot inside :/ ..
Old 03-19-2017, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Incredibly sorry to hear of your loss. Best you can hope for is a private investigation into the crash/an independent analysis of the car to see if a design fault contributed to the loss and if so take that up legally with Mercedes.

thats a lot of stress though at a time I'm sure you're already feeling very low.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:43 AM

w205 mercedes c200d amg
ty folks.. i have already working on investigation.. but trying to find something right about how airbag works.. and how my car should do about this things..