C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Calling UK owners. Help with map software version required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
Calling UK owners. Help with map software version required

My C Class which has audio 20 with the call pilot SD card is running maps that are 2 years out of date. When I run the Mercedes download manager it tells me that my maps are 2015 (V4.0) Europa while the software is W6.0,SW 28.24 and that they are up to date

Can anyone confirm if they have a later version as my maps are so out of date I am having to go back to my potable Gamin which has free updates for life as motorway junctions that were altered in May 2015 are still not showing.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 AMG Line (2015)
Originally Posted by Luton Driver
My C Class which has audio 20 with the call pilot SD card is running maps that are 2 years out of date. When I run the Mercedes download manager it tells me that my maps are 2015 (V4.0) Europa while the software is W6.0,SW 28.24 and that they are up to date

Can anyone confirm if they have a later version as my maps are so out of date I am having to go back to my potable Gamin which has free updates for life as motorway junctions that were altered in May 2015 are still not showing.
The software version is up to date. If you go to your car, you can check the version number through "Settings". Do don't offer map update after 60 days of first use. Your v4 map is a lot newer than my v2.3!

I asked MB which quoted £500 to get the new SD card. I will sit with my old version.

What I really interested in is to add the speed camera. Do let me know if you manage to do so for free.

Best wishes
Old 03-30-2017, 10:02 AM

C300h Bluetec
I just got my car and got Garmin Map Pilot with it.
My software version is 33.20 and the maps are 2016/2017 (V7.0) Europe

Hope this helps.

Also speed camera's would be nice.

Cheers
Old 03-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Thanks for that. The car comes with free updates for the first 3 years so I think I will have to book it in as something is not right.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:47 PM

C300h Bluetec
This thread prompted me to have a look. I have just gone to:

https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/dcp/s...map-pilot.html

And I have an update there which I am just downloading now (Only 17GB) So it may take a while.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:48 PM

Yes that's the manger I have. 17Gb will cover the maps for Europe and for me with super fast fibre broadband still takes around 45 minutes to compete as after it has downloaded it, it then has to install it.

Can you let me know what version of maps you end up with I am getting the system updates but not the map updates.

Last edited by Luton Driver; 03-30-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:09 PM

C300h Bluetec
Downloading Map V8.0, SW 37.09

I thought I had super fast BT broadband, but its still downloading
Old 03-30-2017, 04:31 PM

Thank you so much for the info. You are now 4 updates in front of me but I can now tell the dealer what version I should have.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:13 PM

C200 AMG Line (2015)
Thanks for that. The car comes with free updates for the first 3 years so I think I will have to book it in as something is not right.
Hi Luton Driver, 3 years update in the UK? According to this, https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/dcp/s...e-service.html it is only 60 days.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 PM

C200 AMG Line (2015)
Originally Posted by C300H-Stu
Downloading Map V8.0, SW 37.09

I thought I had super fast BT broadband, but its still downloading
Hi C300H-Stu, is your car brand new, or within the 60 days of first use of the Map Pilot? It only offers me Software Update but not map update. I asked the dealer and he said a new map will cost about £500.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:45 AM

Just asked that question to my dealer and he says the maps updates are free for 3 years. I have the car booked in for the 11th April as they want to have a look at the card.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:55 AM

C200 AMG Line (2015)
Just asked that question to my dealer and he says the maps updates are free for 3 years. I have the car booked in for the 11th April as they want to have a look at the card.
Does your car come with Command (bigger screen) or Audio 20? Mine is Audio 20. If yours is Command, it may explain because it is add on and it may come with more perks.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:03 AM

Just had a look at the C Class brochure where it mentions

COMAND Online system¹
Hard disk drive (HDD) navigation with 3D map display, Live Traffic
Information and European map data updates free of charge for the
first three years.
But for the Garmin Map Pilot it mentions no updates so maybe you are correct.

This hasn't been mentioned by the 3 different people I have spoken to at MB customer care nor by the dealer who might have got muddled by the Comand map updates. In fact the last person I spoke to at the MB helpline said the problem was with the SD card running incompatible software with the car.

If the SD card doesn't come with 3 years of free updates then it is a bad show as my portable garman has free lifetime updates and cost less than £100.

I guess I will see what happens on the 11th at the dealer but it is rediculas that a car that is only just over a year old needs to go back to a portable satnav for any long journeys as it doesn't show major new roads and motorway junctions that were finished in early 2015.

Last edited by Luton Driver; 03-31-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:29 AM

Just found this about the Garmin in the brochure

Software and map can be updated online
No mention about paying for the updates nor do I get an option to pay for an update when online. The software just says I have the latest version

Last edited by Luton Driver; 03-31-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:41 AM

C200 AMG Line (2015)
Just found this about the Garmin in the brochure

No mention about paying for the updates nor do I get an option to pay for an update when online. The software just says I have the latest version
Garmin will not talk as this is MB product. You won't be able to buy map update or even speed camera POI from Garmin online. The only way to get map update, at least for my Audio 20 system, is to buy a "Map Update SD card" which effectively is a new SD card from MB dealer. They told me already that is about £500. The map on the SD card will be out of date undoubtedly but it gives you 60 days to update. I doubt there will be any further update in that 60 days! eBay is another source but make sure you get the sealed one which was not used in a car before. It is about £60-80. I may do it in a few years if I found the current map is too out-of-date.

Do let us know how you get on with the service on 11/04/2017.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:56 AM

I will do, but it is worth noting that the only update I did where new maps were downloaded are dated February 2016 according to the download manager while the car was bought in October 2015 so that was well outside the 60 days window.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:17 AM

C300h Bluetec
Mine is only a week old, it had map version 7.0 as installed. But last night I used the download manager to update this to V8.0. I guess I was within the 60 days.

Will check for updates when I am close to 60 days and see. Doubt there will have been any changes though.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:46 AM

C200 AMG Line (2015)
This may interest you both (and the others).
I found a free website www.POIPlaza.com which you can download by the category "Speedcam" and pick GB (UK). It may not be as updated as other fee-paying services but it is good enough for me and free. I found 5 types of speed camera for the UK in POI Plaza. Download as Garmin CSV files, unzip and use Garmin POILoader to create the GPI file. Make sure you select Feet/MPH option for the UK. Copy to POI folder on the SD card. I will give it a test drive tonight.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:07 AM

I guess I will see what happens on the 11th at the dealer but it is rediculas that a car that is only just over a year old needs to go back to a portable satnav for any long journeys as it doesn't show major new roads and motorway junctions that were finished in early 2015.
Just an update. The dealer could not do an update either so refereed it to MB Technical Support who came back after a couple of weeks to say that only one free update came with the card (no mention about only within 60 days).

I then said that I was surprised and could they give me the price of a new card as I wanted to have a moan on a MB forum.

The guy rang me back an hour later to say he has had another conversation, this time with Customer Support, who said that didn't feel right so today I have picked up a complementary 2017 SD card.

What I will do is wait until August, which is my next major road trip and fit the card then to start a new clock ticking and then do an update a few months later as it was 4 months and not within 60 days I did the first and only update on the old SD card.

So between the dealer, who I have only praise for and customer support, they have turned the situation around from me being somewhat upset to being delighted. I think I was just lucky that the dealer took up my case without being asked and eventually spoke to someone who agreed that old maps on a new car that could not be updated after a few months was just not right.

Calling UK owners.  Help with map software version required-p1080808_zps5hv4dc6o.jpg
Old 04-26-2017, 08:55 AM

C200 AMG Line (2015)
Just an update. The dealer could not do an update either so refereed it to MB Technical Support who came back after a couple of weeks to say that only one free update came with the card (no mention about only within 60 days).

I then said that I was surprised and could they give me the price of a new card as I wanted to have a moan on a MB forum.

The guy rang me back an hour later to say he has had another conversation, this time with Customer Support, who said that didn't feel right so today I have picked up a complementary 2017 SD card.

What I will do is wait until August, which is my next major road trip and fit the card then to start a new clock ticking and then do an update a few months later as it was 4 months and not within 60 days I did the first and only update on the old SD card.

So between the dealer, who I have only praise for and customer support, they have turned the situation around from me being somewhat upset to being delighted. I think I was just lucky that the dealer took up my case without being asked and eventually spoke to someone who agreed that old maps on a new car that could not be updated after a few months was just not right.
LutonDrive, Congrats! I won't be able to do so as I got my car as used rather than brand new. I was told the SD card is £500. I drove to Olympic Park in Stratford last week and found my map (2015 car but 2014 map version) didn't have the road I was on. According to the map, I was driving on the green! I don't have great faith in MB map, it is pricey and so out of date. I will not spend £500 to buy an out-of-date map. Consider yourself a lucky one for getting it free. I may get it from eBay when I really fed up with the old map.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM

MB charge 573 Euros for a map update, can't find a UK price. Audi charge a similar total but in pounds but Hyundai have free updates for life for any car built after 2010. At Kia there are free yearly updates for 7 years as part of the service.

There must be a great deal of profit for the German car manufacturers when it comes to charging for an update.