C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300h - Whats it like?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221 S-Class
C300h - Whats it like?

Just been looking at the C300h on the web and wondered what it was like? Have seen one with low milage quite cheap and was wondering if it worth getting for my wife. She drives 80 miles a day to get to and from work, most of the miles are on the motorway, but about 10 miles of the journey is through towns.

Wondered if this would be better on fuel? My guess is the motorway driving will not benefit from the electric motor as the motorway part of her journey is usually free flowing.

Interested to hear experiences?
Old 04-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
C350e
Originally Posted by rbadiani
Just been looking at the C300h on the web and wondered what it was like? Have seen one with low milage quite cheap and was wondering if it worth getting for my wife. She drives 80 miles a day to get to and from work, most of the miles are on the motorway, but about 10 miles of the journey is through towns.

Wondered if this would be better on fuel? My guess is the motorway driving will not benefit from the electric motor as the motorway part of her journey is usually free flowing.

Interested to hear experiences?
I haven't driven a C300h but i have 65k km experience with a C350e.
Though the capacity of the battery wont be the same most of the rest will be similar.
I can at least tell you that the transition between electric and combustion engine is as smooth as butter.
I am sure that driving in city will save fuel due to the regeneration during braking.
On the highway this benefit will be less though.
The additional torque that is there directly when you hit the accelerator gives a great feeling.
I would advise you to test drive the car and then make the choice yourself.
The following users liked this post:
rbadiani (04-17-2017)