C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Annoying Radio Feature - Please tell me I'm doing it wrong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Annoying Radio Feature - Please tell me I'm doing it wrong

So I traded in my C350 a few months ago and bought a C43. Love the car, but one EXTREMELY annoying feature I have run across, and I'm hoping someone can tell me a way to overcome it or that I'm doing it incorrectly.

When using the radio (Premium 3 Comand system), I have the radio set to display the presets. I can use the wheel on the console to scroll through the stations just fine. However when using the controls on the steering wheel I basically have to click twice on the down arrow to go to the next station. The reason is that initially it shows the list of stations and I press the button down to the one I want, but then after a few seconds, the screen changes to show the song, rather than the list of stations. If I then want to change to another station, I have to press once to get to the list of channels and then once again to change the station. So two clicks to change. ANNOYING AS HELL. This wasn't an issue on my C350.

Is there a way I can lock in the channel menu rather than it changing to the song? How can I avoid this double click BS to move to the next station?
Attached Thumbnails Annoying Radio Feature - Please tell me I'm doing it wrong-radio.jpg  
Old 04-13-2017, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Sommy
So I traded in my C350 a few months ago and bought a C43. Love the car, but one EXTREMELY annoying feature I have run across, and I'm hoping someone can tell me a way to overcome it or that I'm doing it incorrectly.

When using the radio (Premium 3 Comand system), I have the radio set to display the presets. I can use the wheel on the console to scroll through the stations just fine. However when using the controls on the steering wheel I basically have to click twice on the down arrow to go to the next station. The reason is that initially it shows the list of stations and I press the button down to the one I want, but then after a few seconds, the screen changes to show the song, rather than the list of stations. If I then want to change to another station, I have to press once to get to the list of channels and then once again to change the station. So two clicks to change. ANNOYING AS HELL. This wasn't an issue on my C350.

Is there a way I can lock in the channel menu rather than it changing to the song? How can I avoid this double click BS to move to the next station?
I believe there's a setting to turn off station info, but not sure it works for the cluster display, as well....
Old 04-13-2017, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Not seen this on mine. I press down or up to move through the list and click ok to select.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Not seen this on mine. I press down or up to move through the list and click ok to select.
Yes, so after you listen to a song for 5 seconds and want to change the channel, can you just press the arrow and the station changes? Or when you press it once does it just take you back to the main menu and then you have to press again to actually change it?