C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Considering adding a thing or two, couple of questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2018 C350Te Wagon
Considering adding a thing or two, couple of questions?

Over the easter I've come to think about a couple of things, since I still got some time before the order locks May 5th.
Ventilated seats, never had any experience with it, so what's yours? It's kinda pricy so I want to know if it's worth it. We got 6 months of winter and those really hot days come rarely.

Panoramic roof, never had that one either, so is it a gimmick or does it have a cause and something you benefit from? Even more pricy. And it can't generate more wind noise if I want to consider it.

Felt like I have been quiet for a couple of days so 😉
Old 04-16-2017, 06:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 GLC300 4MATIC
Everyone is going to have a different opinion but here's mine. I've had ventilated seats on prior Mercedes cars. Unless something has changed, they are not air cooled. That means they just circulate hot air in the summer providing very little if any relief. If they actually circulated cold air from the A/C, I would opt for them.
With regards to the pano roof, I don't have the wind noise but it creaks and sqeeks like crazy. I've had it back to the dealer once and it helped some. It's going back again. However, I think it makes the car look better and easier to sell. I would think you would get some of the money back on resale.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by achez
Everyone is going to have a different opinion but here's mine. I've had ventilated seats on prior Mercedes cars. Unless something has changed, they are not air cooled. That means they just circulate hot air in the summer providing very little if any relief. If they actually circulated cold air from the A/C, I would opt for them.
With regards to the pano roof, I don't have the wind noise but it creaks and sqeeks like crazy. I've had it back to the dealer once and it helped some. It's going back again. However, I think it makes the car look better and easier to sell. I would think you would get some of the money back on resale.
Sqeeks? Mine doesn't even squeak.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 GLC300 4MATIC
They worked on the track of the roof. However, I've determined the remaining noise seems to be coming from where the headliner meets the surround of the roof opening toward the front where the buttons and sunglass holder is. It seems like the headliner is vibrating and/or rubbing against the metal.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
In Florida, the pano roof stays closed 90% of the time, but the perforated shade lets in a nice level of light. On the exterior, the blacked out roof looks great especially with the lighter paint colors as contrast. In a cooler climate I'd imagine the roof would be open more often.

Ventilated seats are essentially two small fans in the seat back that draws air from the surface of the seat back away from the occupant. On hot days when you get in the car with a little perspiration on your back it'll draw it off and dry you out quickly. There's a "cooling" sensation but it's not dramatic. Nowhere near as obvious as the heaters, which use actual electric heating elements.

That said, a Mercedes really is greater than the sum of its parts. You will never regret loading one up. Saving a grand here or there doesn't have a huge effect on payment but can diminish your enjoyment of the ownership experience quite a bit.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
Im actually in the market for a c400 right now and its so freaking hard to find one with both pano and cooled seats... so i opted to go without cooled seats but here's my personal opinion and experience with ventilated seats.

My 2012 optima sx (i know, kia and mercedes are different) had ventilated seats and I loved them during the spring, summer and fall. If you have your ac running just in the upper area, you're not really gonna get the full potential out of those ventilated seats but when you have your ac on towards the foot area as well, the ventilated seats get that ac air as well and that's what helps the best. So in the long run, I'd say it's worth it. And I'm also personally a big fan of pano roof as well.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
In the past, I usually kept any sunroof closed to keep the sun out with the Texas heat but I have found that I keep the liner open open the vast majority of time while driving around for the open feeling.

As for the ventilated seats, I feel they make a big difference in getting rid of the natural heat that traps between your body and the seat even if it is just air down in from the rest of the car.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:13 AM

2018 C350Te Wagon
I think MB will resolve through bulletins if squeeks is a common problem on them and I wouldn`t worry about that. What can worry me is the variable temperatures and that`s something that could cause the glass and rails to squeek. It can be -20 at night and +20 in the sun at daytime (talking celsius) and glass ain`t normally to fond of twisting in cold temperatures. Maybe those who live in cold climates can share some experience.

Ventilated seats, though it don`t add any cold air to the seat, they will vent out some of the heat that occur while resting a back in a black leather seat on a warm summers day
Old 04-17-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Never a squeak from the pano roof...
Plenty elsewhere tho....
Old 04-17-2017, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
The ventilated seats in the W205 are total weaksause. I had them in my old 2015 C300 and they were just about useless compared to the ventilated seats in my past 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

As for the pano roof, well that's a different story. My old 2015 C300 had it, and my current C450 has it, and I couldn't imagine my car without it. I love how it can just vent (tilting up the back) or how large the opening is when it's opened all the way...not too much wind noise with it open either. My rear passengers also like the extra light they get in back as well.

No creaking issues at all with either pano roof.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 AM

2018 C350Te Wagon
Originally Posted by Shadwell
Never a squeak from the pano roof...
Plenty elsewhere tho....
Have you taken it to the dealer and let the try and fix it, couldn't hear any squeks on the demo car
Old 04-17-2017, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Cant help you on the vented Seats, but the Pano Roof is awesome! Never had it in my past 3 C Classes and now i have it and it's great !
Old 04-17-2017, 05:53 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by Thlian
Have you taken it to the dealer and let the try and fix it, couldn't hear any squeks on the demo car
no, I wanted it permanently corrected, so I stripped the rear hatch, trunk floor and side, rear wing inners,
Under rear bench, all doors centre console and the dash binnacle and added dynamat, high and low density foam in all apertures, felt tape touching faces, lubricated mating surfaces, installed missing fixings and tightened those which had eased or been incomplete fitted, and removed two extra fastener which had been dropped into the vehicle during assembly...

i also corrected thevfactory orange orange peel by wet sanding the car and polishing back to Jewel and ceramic coated, coated the wheels, trims and b pillars...

fitted a racechip ultimate, magnaflow exhaust, c43 exhaust tips and painted the diffuser trim gloss black.... and painted the callipers metallic silver, and the rotors zinc halved to look factory fresh....

iu sed the dealer to.....
Fix the; multitude of failed LED's, software glitches, failed vision system camera, failed trim pieces, broken pieces as fitted from factory in the trunk, corrected the wheel alignmnent, and repaired the wheels their alignment equipment damaged ....
and at the next service will have the leaking steering rack replaced under warranty ......

so yeah a bits been done...
Old 04-17-2017, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by Thlian
I think MB will resolve through bulletins if squeeks is a common problem on them and I wouldn`t worry about that. What can worry me is the variable temperatures and that`s something that could cause the glass and rails to squeek. It can be -20 at night and +20 in the sun at daytime (talking celsius) and glass ain`t normally to fond of twisting in cold temperatures. Maybe those who live in cold climates can share some experience.

Ventilated seats, though it don`t add any cold air to the seat, they will vent out some of the heat that occur while resting a back in a black leather seat on a warm summers day
The range of temperatures we get here can reach -30F in the winter, and +90F in the summer. I have the panoramic roof and have never heard the slightest noise from it regardless of the temperature.

I also have the ventilated seats. They do not cool the seats, but just blow air through the seat perforations. There is a noticeable cooling effect, but it's not dramatic.