C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Forget Car Play or Android Auto. This is much better!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 12:30 AM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by 6699
That's an innovative setup!
I guess the only drawback will be if I just want to use the Sygic nav on the box, I will not be able to play music from my cd on the OEM head unit.
I assume the external amp has 4+1 output (4 speakers + sub)?
So far have you encountered any glitches with this product?
You still play CD? These days, it's either mp3 or streaming. I haven't used CD for a long time :-)

Their amp is not the conventional amp. It's used to integrate with the head unit, so there's external output. It's connected to their canbus box.

So far, the only grime I have is that it can be slow sometimes. It's not as fast as the phone or tablet, but other than that, it seems fine. It's about the same cost with Garmin sd card, but I get more from it than buying the card. So, it's a no brainer for me.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 250
Originally Posted by huyuci
You still play CD? These days, it's either mp3 or streaming. I haven't used CD for a long time :-)

Their amp is not the conventional amp. It's used to integrate with the head unit, so there's external output. It's connected to their canbus box.

So far, the only grime I have is that it can be slow sometimes. It's not as fast as the phone or tablet, but other than that, it seems fine. It's about the same cost with Garmin sd card, but I get more from it than buying the card. So, it's a no brainer for me.
I agree it is a no brainer. That's why I am really keen to get this.
I have done some googling and it looks like there is now an Android 7 version of this product with more RAM (2GB vs 1GB). This may improve the performance.
Did you have to install separate antenna for the Android box or does it use the OEM antenna?
Old 08-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by 6699
I agree it is a no brainer. That's why I am really keen to get this.
I have done some googling and it looks like there is now an Android 7 version of this product with more RAM (2GB vs 1GB). This may improve the performance.
Did you have to install separate antenna for the Android box or does it use the OEM antenna?
If you mean GPS antenna, yes it does have an antenna for it.