C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

A few function questions.............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 06:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C300 W205
A few function questions.............

2 months in now with my W205 2016 C300:

1. I read that if you actuate the recirculation feature the moon roof and the windows should close (tunnel feature) they do not close when I activate the recirculation?

2. The close window and moon roof feature works when I touch and hold the sensor on the door, however I cannot open the windows and moon roof by holding my hand on the open unlock feature (back of door handle) Should I be able to open the windows by holding the back of the handle?

3.When using the keyfob to open the windows and moon roof, it can take up to 5 or so pressing & holding of the unlock button before it reacts and opens the windows. Sometimes it will work from 4 feet away, sometimes I can be holding the key fob an inch from the door sensor and nothing. Is there a particular way of doing this that is more effective?

4. Is there a one button way to bring up the radio pre-set list without the 3 step process I'm using now?

5. What is the best procedure to have the radio play with the engine off. Currently I push the start button once which shuts the engine and turns off the driving lights, is this the best way without draining the battery or is there another sequence I should be using.

6. When opening the windows with the key fob the moon roof opens at the same time. Is there a setting I can change so that only the windows open without opening the moon roof?

Sorry if I'm expecting logical and practical engineering (LOL)
Old 06-29-2017, 07:44 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300, 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
Originally Posted by don w
3.When using the keyfob to open the windows and moon roof, it can take up to 5 or so pressing & holding of the unlock button before it reacts and opens the windows. Sometimes it will work from 4 feet away, sometimes I can be holding the key fob an inch from the door sensor and nothing. Is there a particular way of doing this that is more effective?
I had the same issue before I realized it wasn't really an issue. First key press opens the car, but won't open the windows/moonroof even if you keep it pressed. For that you have to press it a second time and hold it and here comes the tricky part: the windows/moonroof start opening at the same time. However, the moonroof won't open until the sunshade underneath is fully retracted which can take several seconds. So, be patient and hold that button a bit longer.
Hope that helps.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 MB C300 (W205) 1969 MB 280SL (W113)
You can play the radio/media/sat by just pressing the power button just behind the volume control. No key needed.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:48 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
A Canadian thing

Originally Posted by blizzard12
First key press opens the car, but won't open the windows/moonroof even if you keep it pressed. For that you have to press it a second time and hold it and here comes the tricky part: the windows/moonroof start opening at the same time. However, the moonroof won't open until the sunshade underneath is fully retracted which can take several seconds. So, be patient and hold that button a bit longer.
Hope that helps.
Must be a Canadian thing. My U.S. 2015 C300 4MATIC Luxury unlocks the doors, opens the windows, and turns on the driver seat ventilation, all on a single push and hold of the open button. I don't have a moonroof.

Unrelated question: Does everything written (or even abbreviated, like instrument markings) in Canadian cars have to be in both English and Quebec French? Or can you make a choice when ordering?)
Old 06-30-2017, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by gfmohn
Unrelated question: Does everything written (or even abbreviated, like instrument markings) in Canadian cars have to be in both English and Quebec French? Or can you make a choice when ordering?)
Good question. While there is regulation for some products to be bilingual I don't think that applies to cars. None of my previous cars, were bilingual. English only. Maybe some of those models came with French loaded in Quebec. I'm not sure.
Now, the Benz we're talking about in this forum comes with multiple languages. You can select your language in the Vehicle Settings menu.

Last edited by blizzard12; 06-30-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:31 AM

Must be a Canadian thing. My U.S. 2015 C300 4MATIC Luxury unlocks the doors, opens the windows, and turns on the driver seat ventilation, all on a single push and hold of the open button. I don't have a moonroof.
You are right. It's one push (my bad). However, when doing it through a window (from inside a building, even from a short distance) it doesn't always open the windows/sunroof on the first press-and-hold. For whatever reason it doesn't like the window.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:37 PM

Unhappy If my car really loved me, it would know what I want!

You are right. It's one push (my bad). However, when doing it through a window (from inside a building, even from a short distance) it doesn't always open the windows/sunroof on the first press-and-hold. For whatever reason it doesn't like the window.
The Unlock key uses two independent methods of transmission. The lock/unlock function operates by radio. The windows/moonroof/seat ventilation function operates by infrared (optical). So the lock/unlock function will work immediately. If you are close enough and the wall is thin enough, you won't even need a window. The characteristics of the window glass (absorption, reflection, maybe even polarization) will affect the infrared transmission. Of course, the infrared transmitter has to be pointed at the sensor on the rear of the handle of the driver's door.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
The Unlock key uses two independent methods of transmission. The lock/unlock function operates by radio. The windows/moonroof/seat ventilation function operates by infrared (optical). So the lock/unlock function will work immediately. If you are close enough and the wall is thin enough, you won't even need a window. The characteristics of the window glass (absorption, reflection, maybe even polarization) will affect the infrared transmission. Of course, the infrared transmitter has to be pointed at the sensor on the rear of the handle of the driver's door.
I don't have an infrared window on my driver's handle.....
Just an FYI.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:23 PM

The infrared mode is history

Originally Posted by auditoamg
I don't have an infrared window on my driver's handle.....
Just an FYI.
I, too, had not seen an IR window, but I had thought it was merely cleverly disguised. I just got back from vacation and did some research. My windows go down (and up) with my hand held in front of the key. So the infrared mode my W203 C280 used is history. My car responds to unlock/lock commands from behind the wall of my apt. It does not respond to lower the windows commands. Window/no window makes no difference. The car is parked 35-40' from my window. I don't know why that is close enough for unlock/lock commands, but too far for lower the windows commands.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:53 AM

I just ran some "tests" and noticed that mine does not open/close the windows/sunroof on every attempt. Sometime it takes several attempts. It works when it feels like it regardless of distance to the car or obstacles. I guess I'll have to ask the dealer to check it.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:49 PM

I just ran some "tests" and noticed that mine does not open/close the windows/sunroof on every attempt. Sometime it takes several attempts. It works when it feels like it regardless of distance to the car or obstacles. I guess I'll have to ask the dealer to check it.
The range of the lower/raise the windows commands is much less than the range of the unlock/lock commands -- only 6' or so from the car. But I don't have to be on the driver side (as I had long thought).