C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

ebay interior ambient lighthing kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 12:52 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
ebay interior ambient lighthing kit

Hello ladies and gents.

I recently purchased an interior ambient lighthing kit from ebay for 57 dollars for my c400 with black ashwood trim and just completed the install.

As far as the install goes, it is very simple. You just simply pop up the center dash, unplug the blue connector, plug in the plug that is given in the kit, wire up both strips to the positive and negative wire thats hanging off of the plug that came with the kit, put the center dash in (only the part right below the factory screen), set the strips how you want it, pop the center dash back in all the way, then just force the strips in in between the center dash and the console.

Now, the review. Is it worth 57 dollars? Personally, Im gona say yes because one, the vendor on this forum doesnt make one for the black ashwood trim and two, the installation is very simple. It was my first time taking off the center dash and it was pretty easy. All in all, it took my maybe 15 minutes while taking my time. The brightness is adjisted by the speedo light control. Now, here is the bad part. One, you cant really tuck in the strips right behind the factory screen. The space is way too tight so it will just kind of sit there but unless you put your face right on it, you can't really tell because it is hidden pretty well by the screen. And two, it is pretty dang bright. I dont really mind it because im used to it with my past cars having led strips in the footwell at all times but it is pretty bright. So if someone can figure out a way to tap in a controller to control the brightness, that would be perfect, in my opinion.

Here is the link to the item (not affiliated with this seller at all) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/272434059702

And here are some pictures. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails ebay interior ambient lighthing kit-kakaotalk_photo_2017-09-03-00-49-37_39.jpeg   ebay interior ambient lighthing kit-kakaotalk_photo_2017-09-03-00-49-41_27.jpeg   ebay interior ambient lighthing kit-kakaotalk_photo_2017-09-03-00-49-43_23.jpeg  
Old 09-03-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300
I purchased this kit as well and attempted to install. Wires up no problem and when I connected it to power the lights dim with the stock control.

What I was not able to figure out was how to physically install the light tube itself. The routing or how to keep it tucked into the console.

If you have any ideas or pics on how you accomplished it I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

Lou
Old 09-03-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
Originally Posted by louisf
I purchased this kit as well and attempted to install. Wires up no problem and when I connected it to power the lights dim with the stock control.

What I was not able to figure out was how to physically install the light tube itself. The routing or how to keep it tucked into the console.

If you have any ideas or pics on how you accomplished it I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

Lou
Hi.

What you have to do is first, tuck in the top portion of the center dash right below the factory screen, kind of just lay the tube in between the center dash cover and the center console, put the center dash cover on but don't screw in the screws just yet, just wiggle in the tubes, then screw the cover down. You literally just gotta force it in, in between the dash cover and the center console. And since you already have the kit, you probably realized that the tubes are a little longer than they need to be. Just align the top portion first, and just tuck in the remaining tube underneath the center dash cover, if that makes sense, before you screw everything down. Hope it helps!