C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Made the jump!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BMW 528i
Made the jump!

Hello everyone,

I'm a legally blind car enthusiast. I like to be in nice cars and my wife drives them I've had a 2008 528i for the last 5 years and was needing to update since the BMW is getting close to 100K miles and needing more attention and repairs.

I was not going to buy anything until next year, but I started doing a little shopping and found this:

2017 C300 sport 4matic, diamond white, P1 & P2, pano roof, acoustic glass, 15% off of MSRP!

I couldn't say no, it was kind of an impulse buy but I believe I got a spectacular deal; I beat whatever TrueCar said I should pay by a long shot.

I'll go on vacation next week so I take delivery of the car October 2nd. I hope I enjoy the next few years with it!
Old 09-22-2017, 04:23 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
Congrats on your new purchase. I hope you and the missus enjoy it for years to come.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BMW 528i
I took delivery of the car last week and finally had it on the road yesterday, it had rained a lot last week and I don't like getting the cars dirty.

Impressions: The thing is beautiful. Compared to its competitors, I think the latest mercedes are outdoing everyone else in the looks department. The interior looks great, although maybe lighter ore more delicate tahn my 2008 BMW 5 series.

As far as the handling, the car is a little smaller than our 2008 BMW 528i, and it feels "zippier". The C300 has the sport suspension and it does not feel harsh over our crappy roads here, It does feel a little more taught than the non-sport suspension BMW (which has new shocks). The two cars had very similar HP but the C300 has 50ft/lb of torque more plus one more gear, so from a stop it pulls harder than the naturally aspirated 6. I would have loved the C43, but cost and insurance payments would have been a big jump. My wife says the BMW steering is more communicative (no surprise) and heavier that the C300's comfort setting. We corrected the weight with the "individual" dynamic setting.

Refinement wise, the cars are matches, I'd saw my old BMW is quieter since the I6 engine doesn't have direct injection (no tick tick tick) and no turbo. The 5 series also rides on 17s non-runflats and the sunroof is not panoramic. BMW also seemed to pack the car full of sound insulation, so still whisper quiet 9 years later. Our C300 came with acoustic glass and it seems pretty quiet but we haven'd had the chance to take in at highway speeds much.

Pictures will come after it gets tinted.