MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Brand new C43 AMG Check engine (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/695080-brand-new-c43-amg-check-engine.html)

Aveo22 01-11-2018 04:48 PM

Brand new C43 AMG Check engine

Hello, just bought my first Mercedes and what a bad experience. 5kms out of the dealer and check engine light? How? I brought it back to the dealer same day as i picked it up. Heartbroken.

GerritKw 01-12-2018 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aveo22 (Post 7355551)
Hello, just bought my first Mercedes and what a bad experience. 5kms out of the dealer and check engine light? How? I brought it back to the dealer same day as i picked it up. Heartbroken.

Any news from the dealer?

Aveo22 01-12-2018 12:47 PM

Just spoke to service and apparently its an emission leak. They are waiting to hear back from Merc Canada on what to do. Emission leak on a 11km car lol. Ridiculous man.

Terminator1 01-12-2018 01:41 PM

Maybe it's better for ya it happened right away.

A2thek 01-13-2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aveo22 (Post 7356193)
Just spoke to service and apparently its an emission leak. They are waiting to hear back from Merc Canada on what to do. Emission leak on a 11km car lol. Ridiculous man.

Perhaps you didn’t break-in the vehicle properly to 1000k/5000k(amg)? That’s a big deal i think...
Both our 2016s gle+c300 have been perfect with no problems(besides an unpatchable runflat-flat tire..

DapperStyle 01-13-2018 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by A2thek (Post 7357043)

Perhaps you didn’t break-in the vehicle properly to 1000k/5000k(amg)? That’s a big deal i think...
Both our 2016s gle+c300 have been perfect with no problems(besides an unpatchable runflat-flat tire..

Going off his post he’s only driven the car 3 miles before this issue appeared. 11 kilometers total = 6.8 miles, it’s barely seen pavement.

fabbrisd1 01-13-2018 06:04 PM

We have recently had some 2018 AMG's that have had defective one-way valves on the intake lines running into the turbo - throws a purge-vale/charcoal-cannister CEL light - but in instake line one-way valve..

Aveo22 01-13-2018 11:53 PM

Is the break-in theory necessary? If yes, does anyone have a proper instruction on how to do it since i read so many different methods on break-ins. Dont know whos right or wrong.

Aveo22 01-13-2018 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7357123)
We have recently had some 2018 AMG's that have had defective one-way valves on the intake lines running into the turbo - throws a purge-vale/charcoal-cannister CEL light - but in instake line one-way valve..

They did tell me initially its intake related, then they said emission leak. At this point i dont think they know what it is. Hence they sent the diagnostics to MB Canada.
Mine is an 18' C43

A2thek 01-14-2018 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Aveo22 (Post 7357261)
Is the break-in theory necessary? If yes, does anyone have a proper instruction on how to do it since i read so many different methods on break-ins. Dont know whos right or wrong.

I can’t speak to AMGs, i wish i could...baby(s?).
But, I can’t believe the first thing you didn’t do, the night of your delivery, was read your owner’s manual.
I read mines(sic), that night, and i know there are detailed instructions on the break-in period.
Enjoy your dope AMG(eventually:) )

Aveo22 01-14-2018 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by A2thek (Post 7357284)

I can’t speak to AMGs, i wish i could...baby(s?).
But, I can’t believe the first thing you didn’t do, the night of your delivery, was read your owner’s manual.
I read mines(sic), that night, and i know there are detailed instructions on the break-in period.
Enjoy your dope AMG(eventually:) )

I wish i had the chance to lol. Check engine light came on when i got in front of my house haha!!

fabbrisd1 01-15-2018 12:28 AM

Well...might be same issue we wrestled this past week

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fc954496da.jpg
On a new S63 - code came out as Purge/Charcoal-Filter - when in fact it was this obscure faulty line-integrated-check-valve - and you have similar line/valve in your C43 actually... photo attached - I am just saying it "might" be same issue

Aveo22 01-17-2018 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7357817)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fc954496da.jpg
On a new S63 - code came out as Purge/Charcoal-Filter - when in fact it was this obscure faulty line-integrated-check-valve - and you have similar line/valve in your C43 actually... photo attached - I am just saying it "might" be same issue

So i got my baby back and they said it was the Anti Pollution sensor that went off because there is a very minor leak. Basically, that my car is polluting a tad bit more than the law of Canada Transport that Mercedes Benz has to abide by. They changed a specific piece which i currently dont remember the name probably because of the amount of joy im feeling having it back in my hands. Btw guys, this is a SICK fkn car to drive. Coming from an 07' Accord, It is a major upgrade. Have the amg package. Sport+ is just magical and the experience is something special.

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
- Black on black, Night edition, Alcantara seats, AMG Performance pckg, LED pckg, premium DUH for the Burmeister sound system but i heard some preferred the Harmon Kardon.

Aveo22 01-17-2018 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Aveo22 (Post 7359573)
So i got my baby back and they said it was the Anti Pollution sensor that went off because there is a very minor leak. Basically, that my car is polluting a tad bit more than the law of Canada Transport that Mercedes Benz has to abide by. They changed a specific piece which i currently dont remember the name probably because of the amount of joy im feeling having it back in my hands. Btw guys, this is a SICK fkn car to drive. Coming from an 07' Accord, It is a major upgrade. Have the amg package. Sport+ is just magical and the experience is something special.

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
- Black on black, Night edition, Alcantara seats, AMG Performance pckg, LED pckg, premium DUH for the Burmeister sound system but i heard some preferred the Harmon Kardon.

Although i will ask them for the code of CE and compare it to what you said. Ran 100kms after dealership and still no CE so definitely a good sign. They ordered another part to change as well but 2 week backorder. Crossing my fingers it doesnt come back. Hell of a ride.

Queenbee 06-22-2018 10:58 PM

Engine light on

I have an AMG C43 2017 bought in June 2017. Yesterday, the engine light came on. Wondering if I can drive it to the dealership or call road assistance?

Those of you who had the same issue, was it easily fixed? no recurring issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

RunwayOneSix 06-23-2018 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Queenbee (Post 7485950)
I have an AMG C43 2017 bought in June 2017. Yesterday, the engine light came on. Wondering if I can drive it to the dealership or call road assistance?

Those of you who had the same issue, was it easily fixed? no recurring issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Unless you feel or hear a reason that suggests it may be unsafe to drive, you will be fine driving it to the dealership.