C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Lexus guy considering Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 05:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Cali4niadriver

For me I’m not so sold on lexus’ new turbo. My mother used to have the NX200t awd F-sport fully loaded blah blah and it was slow AF and the engine seemed to really struggle. It looked nice and handled ok but it’s their first turbo. Usually lexus reliabliity relies on reusing tried and true parts and just tweaking them as they go. It might still be better than the Germans but I don’t think it’s going to match up with say the RX. She ended up trading her NX for a new RX hybrid. That car rides like on smooth butter. Great for taking naps lol but yeah the IS turbo was the one I was comparing the C class with along with the A4 A3 and 3 series. The C just felt better to me. Almost bought an A6 but it was a little too big feeling same with the E class.
Yes, it is Lexus's first Turbo. Nobody knows rather it is as reliability as other Lexus. So far, we are good. We bought one new in July 2016, no issue except they replaced the Blind Spot Indicator sensor under warranty. We had the F-Sport 3 as well with all possible options, we felt we may as well to opt it out if we are keeping the car for years.
We didn't want to RX because it was way too big for us. We don't want or need a V6 SUV. (but yes, I need the V6 bi-tubro on my sedan , LOL) We don't commute that far for us to take benefit of an hybird.
Also, the NX200T were made in Japan and the RX350 were made in Canada (at least those selling in CAN). I think Japan made is a better choice.

Last edited by skylai; 03-13-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:20 PM

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
991 GT3, W212 E63-S 4Matic, W205 C300 Sport 4Matic
Stick with Lexus if your concerned about owning out of warranty. Mercedes are awesome cars I own both.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
W205 C250
I went from a Lexus is250 to a c250 and he general quality is definitely better with the Lexus. It’s cabin was whisper quiet at any speed and even after 5 years there were no rattles or warranty issues. I would have bought a new one but didn’t like the new styling and the 4 cyl engine. The Mercedes is a very attractive vehicle but lacks the refinement of the Lexus in my opinion
Old 03-15-2018, 02:30 PM

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Greg52
I went from a Lexus is250 to a c250 and he general quality is definitely better with the Lexus. It’s cabin was whisper quiet at any speed and even after 5 years there were no rattles or warranty issues. I would have bought a new one but didn’t like the new styling and the 4 cyl engine. The Mercedes is a very attractive vehicle but lacks the refinement of the Lexus in my opinion
Really? I agree that Lexus cars are quiet in general, so it really depending your preference.
C43 is my first German car, I used to drive a Mazdaspeed 3 then we replaced with the NX200T for the family and now C43 for my daily.

I like the build of the C43, it feels solid and the exhaust sound is awesome. I feel the Lexus is too gentle which I don't mind if cruising with family, but it is a lack of excitement for me as a someone who drive for fun. I know the NX200 is a SUV, but I have drove the IS350 as well and the C43 is just different and feel better.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 C300 Sport M6
Originally Posted by Greg52
I keep hearing about the cracking/melting dash, and interior panels that turn into a sticky mess. I don't thinkToyota/Lexus ever got past that "refinement"
Old 03-15-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Rayvan
I keep hearing about the cracking/melting dash, and interior panels that turn into a sticky mess. I don't thinkToyota/Lexus ever got past that "refinement"
My RX apparently had that issue. My dash started cracking just a tiny bit at about 10 years old and 160000 miles, way way past the warranty. They picked up my car at my house and gave me a brand new lexus loaner replaced my entire dash and interior trim detailed my car and delivered it to me all covered by lexus. I don’t see Mercedes doing that, or even lasting all that long. They’re leaps and bounds a better car company that stands behind their products. Are they perfect, no. Literally no car company is.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:39 PM

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Cali4niadriver

My RX apparently had that issue. My dash started cracking just a tiny bit at about 10 years old and 160000 miles, way way past the warranty. They picked up my car at my house and gave me a brand new lexus loaner replaced my entire dash and interior trim detailed my car and delivered it to me all covered by lexus. I don’t see Mercedes doing that, or even lasting all that long. They’re leaps and bounds a better car company that stands behind their products. Are they perfect, no. Literally no car company is.
They replace the whole dash when the car is over 10 yrs old?!
WOW. I hope Lexus Canada is doing the same on my NX later when it is getting any issues after the warranty period. I really doubt, lol
Old 03-15-2018, 06:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by skylai
They replace the whole dash when the car is over 10 yrs old?!
WOW. I hope Lexus Canada is doing the same on my NX later when it is getting any issues after the warranty period. I really doubt, lol
I don’t think the NX has that issue. It seemed isolated to some lexus models up to 2004-2009. It was the plastic leather look stuff they used. They extended the warranty free for those models. It took a while to get all the parts but they did a great job. They tore up and replaced all those interior parts and it still didn’t creak rattle or make any noise lol