C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Blind spot sensitivitiy adjust ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 997; Subaru STi; Mercedes C300 Wagon
Blind spot sensitivitiy adjust ?

New C300 Wagon owner here, did a search but didn't find what I am looking for....

Is there anyway to turn-down the sensitivity of the Blind spot assist ? It beeps when there is clearly enough space for a lane change....really annoying....
Old 03-08-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
I on the other hand was wanting to bring the sensitivity up because the system is sometimes really slow compared to a freaking honda lol
Old 03-13-2018, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300
Originally Posted by richysh
I on the other hand was wanting to bring the sensitivity up because the system is sometimes really slow compared to a freaking honda lol
I've experienced this and it can be annoying. For example, you'll have a car moving past you on your left. The red triangle is lit as the car goes by. Once the other car is past, and the red triangle goes out, you use the turn signal but get beeping and a new flashing red triangle when the path is actually clear. This can falsely cause a moment of panic making you think you're going to change lanes into a car that is not there. You have to wait a little longer before signaling to keep this from happening. I have not had this occur with other cars I've driven with blind spot monitoring. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way for the owner to modify this.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by robairex
I've experienced this and it can be annoying. For example, you'll have a car moving past you on your left. The red triangle is lit as the car goes by. Once the other car is past, and the red triangle goes out, you use the turn signal but get beeping and a new flashing red triangle when the path is actually clear. This can falsely cause a moment of panic making you think you're going to change lanes into a car that is not there. You have to wait a little longer before signaling to keep this from happening. I have not had this occur with other cars I've driven with blind spot monitoring. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way for the owner to modify this.
Software update at dealer.