C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Getting another lease. Advanced questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 03:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350 MB Black on Black
Getting another lease. Advanced questions

I called my dealer and asked about loaners that are available for lease. He reviewed my record and confirmed I have 8 months left on my lease and they can take of 3-6 months depending on the car that I select. He asked me if I wanted 10k miles a year and I said, “no, 15k Mile. I’m currently over mileage now.

He said, I cant get both paid mileage and 3-6 months off.

Do you think that’s true?

What should I look for on the lease contract?

Last edited by nadz; 03-17-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
I don’t think that’s true. But just my 2 cents.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:15 PM

E350 MB Black on Black
I am waiting for him to give me my numbers, he hasn’t yet. I text ihim and asked him what was the MF and he didn’t know want I meant. I replied the Money Factor, so I’m waiting...

I read on the forum to confirm the price, MF and discount.
Hopefully, I have that part right.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
Originally Posted by nadz
I called my dealer and asked about loaners that are available for lease. He reviewed my record and confirmed I have 8 months left on my lease and they can take of 3-6 months depending on the car that I select. He asked me if I wanted 10k miles a year and I said, “no, 15k Mile. I’m currently over mileage now.

He said, I cant get both paid mileage and 3-6 months off.

Do you think that’s true?

What should I look for on the lease contract?
So why don't u wait till it lease is up and alot of times of u get another car they'll work with u on the mileage. Sounds like ur gonna lose money either way worst case scenario. So I would wait and drive as little as possible. If they take off 3 months u still have 5 months to pay for and on top of that you'll have to pay for over mileage.

just drive it and make a deal with them at the end. They're taking advantage of you I think.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
You might need to go in and sit down with your dealer.

1. A "pull ahead" - is where MBFS will credit/pay last 3-6 months of your current lease - and correct - depending on the model moving to determines how many months

2. A "retired loaner" qualifies for MB 1st Class Lease

3. As a "retired loaner" qualifies for additional dealer discount above-and-beyond new car discount - that's the key to where your "deal" is going to happen

4. Without picking out the rig - get to MF and all that jazz later..
Old 03-19-2018, 07:56 AM

E350 MB Black on Black
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
You might need to go in and sit down with your dealer.

1. A "pull ahead" - is where MBFS will credit/pay last 3-6 months of your current lease - and correct - depending on the model moving to determines how many months

2. A "retired loaner" qualifies for MB 1st Class Lease

3. As a "retired loaner" qualifies for additional dealer discount above-and-beyond new car discount - that's the key to where your "deal" is going to happen

4. Without picking out the rig - get to MF and all that jazz later..

Okay so the retired loaner is the way to go. Should I wait until June or July to entertain any offer?

It told him to look out for a sport model for me cuz the one I have now looks so boring!

I was was thinking of getting another C300 cuz I wanted to stay with something smaller and leaving MB at the end may cost me more because I’m over mileage plus I can’t wait to get a lease payment that doesn’t include my previous car.

I traded my e350 for the lease C300 worst financial decision.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
So you know - the "pull ahead" payments are paid by Mercedes Financial - the reason I say this is so that you know the "3-to-6" payments depending on model selected are not coming out of your pocket - or the dealers pocket - either. It's a smart customer retention tool - so you can move forward to your next Mercedes before you can move to something else.

Excess miles - on pull ahead you are given credit for the full mileage allowed on your lease - which should also help you a bit.

Excess miles are excess miles - you can calculate to expense - so that that doesn't get lost in the shuffle and is discussed on the table as part of the deal - or you will get a bill later from MBFS for the miles.

You're within striking distance - go hammer something put - be happy !