C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

CPO warranty cost/ question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 12:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
CPO warranty cost/ question

Hey guys!
My factory warranty runs out in November of this year and I want to buy the additional 2 years of CPO warranty. My question is, is this something you shop around for at different dealers or is there a set price? I remember reading a thread many months back about different dealers having different pricing... Is this true? If there is just a set price, does anyone know what the cost is?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
Originally Posted by markjax
Hey guys!
My factory warranty runs out in November of this year and I want to buy the additional 2 years of CPO warranty. My question is, is this something you shop around for at different dealers or is there a set price? I remember reading a thread many months back about different dealers having different pricing... Is this true? If there is just a set price, does anyone know what the cost is?

Thanks!
i got mine for 2800$. I think they add some penalty for not buying the warranty within the first 30 days, but it's negotiable, from my understanding.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:50 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec, 2016 C3, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
I think you are looking for an extended warranty instead of a CPO warranty assuming you purchased the vehicle new. I got one last year for my ML 350 Blutec a few weeks befor the factory warranty was up.

You should shop around as you can purchase the warranty from any MB dealer, and they are able to discount the price. My local dealer in FL was not willing to deal so I ended up buyng from Taffel Motors in Louisville KY. Same MB warranty, but much better price. If you do a search you can find a thread that gives a list of several dealers and contact people that have provided others with nice discounts. I do NOT believe there is any penalty based on when you purchase. Just be sure you do it before the factory warranty expires.

I also looked at aftermarket warranties. The prices were similar but the aftermarket had more restrictions and items that were not covered.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:12 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Kartergreg
I think you are looking for an extended warranty instead of a CPO warranty assuming you purchased the vehicle new. I got one last year for my ML 350 Blutec a few weeks befor the factory warranty was up.

You should shop around as you can purchase the warranty from any MB dealer, and they are able to discount the price. My local dealer in FL was not willing to deal so I ended up buyng from Taffel Motors in Louisville KY. Same MB warranty, but much better price. If you do a search you can find a thread that gives a list of several dealers and contact people that have provided others with nice discounts. I do NOT believe there is any penalty based on when you purchase. Just be sure you do it before the factory warranty expires.
I also looked at aftermarket warranties. The prices were similar but the aftermarket had more restrictions and items that were not covered.

I Purchased the car certified preowned with only a few thousand miles on it. My factory warranty expires this upcoming November and the one year of CPO warranty expires November 2019 but I would like to buy the additional two years. I just remember reading a posting on here many months back about shopping around for pricing but I wasn't sure if that was for certified preowned or an extended warranty. I just was unsure if different dealerships give different deals for the certified preowned warranty.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
You can purchase CPO Extension at any dealer you choose - it is registered in the VMI record for your Mercedes - so that you know Extended Warranty and Prepaid Service Costs are generally updated/ in September each year which is the risk factor for price increases.

Do a search of the GLE forum - where the oft mentioned professional out-of-state dealer contact mentioned there is Jeff Jackson F&I Director with Tafel Motors in Louisville (502) 894-6829
Old 04-02-2018, 01:28 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
W205
In same boat as you and definitely interested in getting one myself. The dealer I went to clearly marked it up and said it was what they all cost but I knew it was a lie and didn’t want to deal with them. Let me know if you find a good deal. I wanna keep the car for 3 more years but don’t want to own it without the warranty.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:56 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
You can purchase CPO Extension at any dealer you choose - it is registered in the VMI record for your Mercedes - so that you know Extended Warranty and Prepaid Service Costs are generally updated/ in September each year which is the risk factor for price increases.

Do a search of the GLE forum - where the oft mentioned professional out-of-state dealer contact mentioned there is Jeff Jackson F&I Director with Tafel Motors in Louisville (502) 894-6829
Thanks for the info! I also saw the name Cassandra and Erin thrown around a lot. Did you contact any of them?