C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Got my car serviced and now getting a new engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 02:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C300 4Matic
Got my car serviced and now getting a new engine

Hey guys! Figured I'd share my story with you guys and hear your thoughts on the situation.

So, I just heard from my service advisor that I'll be getting a new engine on my W205 (2015 C300 4M)

For the past few weeks, before I sent it in for service. I've been getting issues when driving the car a bit aggressively. The power would sort of stall, or limit itself.

I thought it was the piggyback tune that was causing the engine to limit itself and preventing the car to go faster. So I took out the tune and tried re-creating the scenario. I would drive on the freeway and all of a sudden my car would go in limp mode. Whatever agility setting I'm in (Comfort, Sport or Sport+) it won't go past a certain RPM.

So i brought it in and it's been service for a week or so and now I'm apparently getting a new engine! LOL. My service rep told me that there is a misfire on #1 cylinder , the spark plug porcelain came apart and is sucked into the engine.

Anyone experience this before? Also, since it'll be brand new engine. Does that mean there will be some sort of break-in period for the new engine?

Mark
Old 05-24-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 C 300 4MATIC
My engine misfired this morning in the middle of my commute. I had the wrist pin performed last week. Going to take it in this afternoon to get looked at.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
W205
You know I had my spark plug break too and it misfired. They said the porcelain broke, but nothing about it going into the engine. Had to get it towed and they replaced it. My car has been driving relatively ok but I notice during acceleration there are little “blips” I feel but it doesn’t happen every time but pretty noticeable when it does happen. My service appointment is tomorrow. There’s something up with these spark plugs, they shouldn’t be breaking. Never heard of that.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:57 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
W205 C300 Sport Iridium Silver RWD
Sorry to hear this brother! Hopefully the get you square quickly