C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C class not reading some music on USB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Vex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C250 d
2015 C class not reading some music on USB

I have a current model MY2014 C250 that has two USB ports and an SD card slot. I use the USB for larger music storage. But I can't play all the music I put onto the USB - the car just recognises some, not all. Currently about 2500 songs. I have nearly 3000 on there.
I just ripped two current CDs (Sevendust's All I See Is War, and FFDP's And Justice For None), and car will not recognise either. Is it a file issue? They seem to download as Wav files, does the car's software only recognise certain file types? Sorry I'm not that PC savvy, and hubby is (though away for 6 months and unable to help), and he couldn't troubleshoot it with success.

Has anyone else had this issue? I thought I should simply be able to file transfer onto the USB and play in the car.

Haaaalp?
Old 06-03-2018, 05:52 PM

W205 2016 C200
Originally Posted by Vex
I have a current model MY2014 C250 that has two USB ports and an SD card slot. I use the USB for larger music storage. But I can't play all the music I put onto the USB - the car just recognises some, not all. Currently about 2500 songs. I have nearly 3000 on there.
I just ripped two current CDs (Sevendust's All I See Is War, and FFDP's And Justice For None), and car will not recognise either. Is it a file issue? They seem to download as Wav files, does the car's software only recognise certain file types? Sorry I'm not that PC savvy, and hubby is (though away for 6 months and unable to help), and he couldn't troubleshoot it with success.

Has anyone else had this issue? I thought I should simply be able to file transfer onto the USB and play in the car.

Haaaalp?

Supported audio formats are mp3, wma & aac furthermore sometimes the comand online / audio20 does not recognize any changes to the content of the storage media (new tracks added to the usb) so it does not index those new tracks.
the inconvenient workaround is to rename the folder that contains the new tracks or the root directory , and thus forcing the system to re-index the entire storage media. (i cant seem to force this indexing without changing folder names).

Good Luck.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:51 AM
Vex

2015 C250 d
Thanks for your help - I've noticed that my car won't recognise wma at all. So I had to re-rip my CDs in mp3 and they now play (also deleted all wma files from my USB). I also have the same intermittent problem as you with media not always being recognised.

But in short, it now works.