C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Reverse camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C-Class SE
Reverse camera

Hey guys just got a quick query which I hope someone here can help me with. I've just bought a 64 plate w205 SE Executive, the description for the car never mentioned it having a reverse camera which I wasnt bothered about as my last car didnt have one anyway. But whilst playing around with the settings I found a reverse camera setting where you could choose to have it activated by the reverse gear and also a button to press to open it manually (for cleaning I presume). I thought this was strange so had a look by the boot release and it appears to have the flap where the camera comes out of. So do I have a rear camera but its malfunctioning or do all cars have these settings and the "flap" even if not fitted with a rear camera? Cheers
Old 08-08-2018, 02:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
W205 C200 AMG Line Premium
The point of having a manual release of the camera is for cleaning it, if you've opened the flap and can't see a camera then you haven't got one.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:05 PM

W205 C-Class SE
Sorry should of made it clear that the flap doesnt open, whether in reverse or pressing the manual release button. If I apply some pressure to the door it does slightly budge but im talking a very small amount of pressure as i dont want to break anything. So im wandering whether I do have a camera but its not working properly or whether I dont have one at all but would seem strange to not have a camera but still have camera settings that can be altered and its my understanding that the cars that dont have a camera also dont have this "flap" door next to the boot release.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:04 AM

C-Class C200 W205
Originally Posted by Krongobo
Sorry should of made it clear that the flap doesnt open, whether in reverse or pressing the manual release button. If I apply some pressure to the door it does slightly budge but im talking a very small amount of pressure as i dont want to break anything. So im wandering whether I do have a camera but its not working properly or whether I dont have one at all but would seem strange to not have a camera but still have camera settings that can be altered and its my understanding that the cars that dont have a camera also dont have this "flap" door next to the boot release.
Hey,

I believe there shouldn't be a flap if you don't have a camera, so you actually might have one. Can you check your VIN online to see if it was equipped with rear view camera?

Best regards,
Greg
Old 08-22-2018, 09:38 AM

W205 C-Class SE
Hey Greg completely forgot you can do that, just checked the VIN online and it says its equipped with rear view camera. So any ideas on how to get it to come out without breaking it? I have a Mercedes Dealership within a few hundred metres of my house but I'm holding off going there as they will inevitably charge an arm and a leg to sort any issue.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:43 AM

C-Class C200 W205
Originally Posted by Krongobo
Hey Greg completely forgot you can do that, just checked the VIN online and it says its equipped with rear view camera. So any ideas on how to get it to come out without breaking it? I have a Mercedes Dealership within a few hundred metres of my house but I'm holding off going there as they will inevitably charge an arm and a leg to sort any issue.
Not really. I'm actually trying to get mine fixed as it suddenly stopped working .

Can you try to start the car, keep it on parking gear, open the trunk and then open the camera from the menu. Then get out of the car and check if the camera flap is open (with opened trunk). I have similar issue, the MB dealer is trying to fix, my car is in the workshop for over a week already and still couldn't make it work. Now they have engaged some remote engineer to check the whole system.

Greg
Old 08-22-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C180 W205 Exclusive
Originally Posted by grzegorzgaj
Not really. I'm actually trying to get mine fixed as it suddenly stopped working .

Can you try to start the car, keep it on parking gear, open the trunk and then open the camera from the menu. Then get out of the car and check if the camera flap is open (with opened trunk). I have similar issue, the MB dealer is trying to fix, my car is in the workshop for over a week already and still couldn't make it work. Now they have engaged some remote engineer to check the whole system.

Greg
Hi,
Yust have the ignition on (not starting), go to vehicle settings on the info screen, look for reverse camera and activate it. There is also a function for opening it to clean if necessary.
Hope it helps.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:22 AM

C-Class C200 W205
Originally Posted by Coetzee
Hi,
Yust have the ignition on (not starting), go to vehicle settings on the info screen, look for reverse camera and activate it. There is also a function for opening it to clean if necessary.
Hope it helps.
Coetzee,

right, but in my case the flap did not open even when the trunk was closed. It only opened when the trunk was up. I just came back from the dealer and after swapping the camera module and some remote engineer re-programming "something" in my car it finally worked.

It took 6 days in the dealers workshop to finally fix it.

Greg