C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Please Help! Constant Transmission/Engine issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
Please Help! Constant Transmission/Engine issues

About 2 months ago, I purchased a CPO 2015 C300 and after about 2 weeks, it started to have issues. Between 2nd and 3rd gear it would shift really rough and sometimes it will jerk the car violently like it's stalled. I've taken it into the dealer 3 times now for the same issue. They did a software update (car is still under warranty) on the tranny but same problem. This issue is annoying but whatever.

Tonight, another issue occured. While driving at about 35-45 mph, the car was very hesitant to accelerate and was making weird noises. I really thought I had a flat tire of something the entire car was rattling. I attached a video and in the beginning, you can see the rpm is at about 3k and I'm going about 40 mph and the car was not accelerating. At the 12 second mark, I had let off the gas and tried to press the gas again and the entire cabin was rattling. It sounds like that it's coming from the engine but it's the sound of the car shaking. So damn weird.

The Mercedes dealer probably thinks I'm crazy at this point because they've never even acknowledged that my car has any issue. If somebody could watch the video and maybe decipher a possible reason for the issue(s), I would really appreciate it. I know absolutely nothing about cars...lol.

Update 9/7/18:
Just spoke with my service advisor who told me they ordered a speed sensor which they will put in tomorrow. I looked up the common issues with a failed speed sensor and based on that, I don’t think that’s the cause. I’ll update tomorrow after they replace the part.

Update 9/8/18:
I picked up my car today and my service advisor told me they took it on two 10 mile test drives (a few hours in between) and the car was running fine. After I drove it a bit, the rough shift between 2nd and 3rd gear was still there (no surprise) but no issues accelerating or crazy noises. I'm just going to live with the tranny shifting issue because it's obvious the dealer has no interest in trying to fix it. I may go to another service center like BH or Calabasas in the future and see if they can figure out the issue that Mercedes of South Bay cannot.

Last edited by nathanmorrow; 09-08-2018 at 05:14 AM. Reason: CLARIFICATION
Old 09-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Have you shown the vid to the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
nathanmorrow (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
You sound like a sincere guy - and let me suggest......

With most recent Repair Ticket in hand - in the morning call Mercedes Customer Care (800) 376-6372 - make sure with the rep your correct ownership info shows on record with them for your C-Class - give them the info they ask for off that service infor - and give the rep a sane/rational explanation that you have a transmission issue that your dealer has not taken care of after 3 times - and that you need help from MB Customer Care to get it taken care of because you love your Mercedes.

That call will start up a 2nd channel from MB Customer Care to the Service Dept Management at that dealer - that dealer will be held accountable back to Customer Care to get this taken care of - and frankly that will get things moving in the right direction
The following users liked this post:
nathanmorrow (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 07:32 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Yes I took the car back to the dealer this morning and showed my usual service advisor the video. She seemed to be shocked at the sound so I’m hoping this time around it will be repaired properly. We will see, I’ll make an update when I hear from her.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
You sound like a sincere guy - and let me suggest......

With most recent Repair Ticket in hand - in the morning call Mercedes Customer Care (800) 376-6372 - make sure with the rep your correct ownership info shows on record with them for your C-Class - give them the info they ask for off that service infor - and give the rep a sane/rational explanation that you have a transmission issue that your dealer has not taken care of after 3 times - and that you need help from MB Customer Care to get it taken care of because you love your Mercedes.

That call will start up a 2nd channel from MB Customer Care to the Service Dept Management at that dealer - that dealer will be held accountable back to Customer Care to get this taken care of - and frankly that will get things moving in the right direction
I took the car back to the dealer this morning. If the issue isn’t solved this time around I will call Customer Care. Thank you so much for the info!