C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Garmin Map Pilot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4matic
Garmin Map Pilot

Hello friends.

I recently purchased a 2015 C300 4matic, without the multimedia package. I still wanted navigation, so I purchased a 2015-2016 Garmin Map Pilot SD card from an online retailer. It is a legit authentic Mercedes Benz part. However, when I insert the SD card, it tells me it's activating and then pops up with an alert about being used only in that car once it's activated. It then returns an error and says "update cards are not accepted, please contact your local mercedes benz dealer". When I try to update the card using Mercedes-Garmin download manager, it tells me to insert it into the car first.

Has anyone been able to successfully solve this problem? Better yet, has anyone else ever seen this problem? My fear is that if I take it to the dealership, they won't help because I didn't pay them the $650 dollars they wanted for it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the vehicle is still under warranty.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1st - with your VIN# you need to check to make sure your 2016 had the Garmin Nav Pre-Wiring option - which is a separate option - the SD slot is there even if you don't have that option - with that Pre-Wiring option THEN the Garmin SD card in that slot will load up - without the PreWire option that SD card will not load up.

If you have that option - then you have a bad card - return to the eBay seller for a No Charge replacement

If you DON'T have that option - then with your VIN# check with your dealer if they have a $100 "nav upgrade kit" available for your C-Class which adds that pre-wiring - I don't "think" they will - but it's worth checking if you our on this lower path thru no fault of yours.