C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

My engine sounds louder then normal...any ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C220d AMG LINE 2019
My engine sounds louder then normal...any ideas?

Hi,

I don't know if it's me or the weather, but For the past couple weeks, my car ( W205 C220D AMG LINE 2016, 16k on the clock ) engine seems really noisy when I first start the car in the early morning, particularly during cold starts.

The engine seems normal from outside, but when I sit in the car, you can really hear the engine going. I've also noticed slight vibration/rattle from the engine when I'm driving the car or when reversing.

I must add that, when the car gets up to temp it sounds normal.

This issue has recently come about, straight after I had the 'Battery Malfunction Error' where a red light appeared, with a beeping red alarm, after a while this message turned to a white, but last week the message disappeared.

Not sure if my driving habit has anything to do with it , as I only drive the car to my local train station during the week, which is only 15 minutes away OR/ 3 miles using typical London back roads, so hardly enough time for the car to get up to temp, is my short journeys doing the car any good?

I've got the car booked into my local dealers, but the earliest time they can see me is after the new year in January, just worried I don't want to cause any further damage to the car by driving it.

No engine light or message is present on the dash screen.

here a link to a video I took.

Last edited by Tlogic17; 11-20-2018 at 05:12 PM.