C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Command Volume Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C400
Command Volume Questions

Hi All,

Hopefully I can get some help on this. A 2015 C400 w/multimedia I got a few weeks ago. I cannot for the life of me find info on setting a default volume on the stereo when the car starts. It seems to always be too loud when I start the car, even though it's lower when turned off. How can I remedy this? Is this even a feature? Or is my system broken? I still have a warranty if a dealer visit is required.

Also, is there a way to disable the speed adjusted volume? I want it turned off.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 11-24-2018, 08:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
I have the same issue, right now I just mute it before I shut it off.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:14 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
Originally Posted by benztime
Hi All,

Hopefully I can get some help on this. A 2015 C400 w/multimedia I got a few weeks ago. I cannot for the life of me find info on setting a default volume on the stereo when the car starts. It seems to always be too loud when I start the car, even though it's lower when turned off. How can I remedy this? Is this even a feature? Or is my system broken? I still have a warranty if a dealer visit is required.

Also, is there a way to disable the speed adjusted volume? I want it turned off.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
If your radio is louder than when you shut the car off I suspect a glitch in the system. I'd bring it in and check for a software update. As for the speed-adjusted volume, there is an option within the menu to disable it however i've found that checking or unchecking the box does not change the behavior and the volume is constantly speed-adjusted in my car. Also a glitch.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C400
Thanks! I got it scheduled for the dealer on Monday regarding the default volume issue. I found the speed-adjustment volume setting though and it was turned off (that setting is hidden too deep; my Infiniti was so easy to find this stuff). Anyway, I turned it on and then off. Will test tomorrow morning.