C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C63s mufflers on a C400 anyone??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
C400
C63s mufflers on a C400 anyone??

I drive a C400 and the car is quiet. I deleted both resonators and went dual pipes into an X-pipe and dual all the way back to the stock mufflers. Car is still very quiet. I came across a set of 2015 C63s performance exhaust mufflers. I wanted to ask the group if the anyone here has added these mufflers to a C400/C450 or C43. I know the car will NOT sound like a C63 because of the engine size. My question is Will they work? Will they sound good or are these mufflers made for a V8 engine and specific to their exhaust pressure output. I know there are valves in them and I wont be able to make them function so my option would be to keep valves open at all times or have them closed at all times.

My thoughts were to find AMG mufflers and just added them to my car? Unsure if I need to stay with a V6 muffler or the V8 mufflers would work? I'm looking for the AMG sound, don't want to go after market, what other options or ideas do you guys have?

Any info on the subject would help!

Thank you,

Alex
Old 12-03-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400

there you go. that's actually my car and those are the performance exhaust off of a c63s. I had to get my stock exhaust cut and have those welded on there. so in that video, I have the mid section valve opened up with both back mufflers closed. After some time, I got used to it and wanted it louder so I had the muffler shop open up the valves on both mufflers and they did get louder but it was droning on the highway pretty bad so I had to get short resonators welded on, on each pipe right before the mufflers. If i was driving alone 100% of the time, I would have left everything open without adding the resonators since I'm used to loud exhausts but I carry people in my car from time to time so I had to get the resonators on there. I meant to make a new video of the new set up cold start but i just never got around to it. One thing i wanted to do was get some clips of my car driving but i just don't have any go pros to put on the car.
The following users liked this post:
JAMADOR (12-04-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by richysh
there you go. that's actually my car and those are the performance exhaust off of a c63s. I had to get my stock exhaust cut and have those welded on there. so in that video, I have the mid section valve opened up with both back mufflers closed. After some time, I got used to it and wanted it louder so I had the muffler shop open up the valves on both mufflers and they did get louder but it was droning on the highway pretty bad so I had to get short resonators welded on, on each pipe right before the mufflers. If i was driving alone 100% of the time, I would have left everything open without adding the resonators since I'm used to loud exhausts but I carry people in my car from time to time so I had to get the resonators on there. I meant to make a new video of the new set up cold start but i just never got around to it. One thing i wanted to do was get some clips of my car driving but i just don't have any go pros to put on the car.
You have the complete system off the C63 not just mufflers right? Any guess on how it would sound just with mufflers?

Alex

Old 12-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
Originally Posted by CA400
You have the complete system off the C63 not just mufflers right? Any guess on how it would sound just with mufflers?

Alex
correct. If you remove the resonators, which it seems like you already have according to the other thread, it should sound almost identical to mine. The only difference would be that mine is a true dual pipe whereas the stock c400 exhaust has only one pipe before it splits off right before the mufflers. I think it should sound pretty much identical. And mines the performance exhaust off of a c63s, not just the regular c63/c63s exhaust.