C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

w205 airmatic malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205
Unhappy w205 airmatic malfunction

Dears, thanks for having such amazing forum and this huge amount of information.
I have a 2014 w205 C 220 BlueTec with 180,000 KM (112,000 miles) on it. I never took it out side the service dealer from day one till now but fixes started to be over my budged. So, I said I need to get out my inner engineer and start fixing stuff my self.

Last week without any notification my rear right air suspension lost air while car is running but not moving without any warnings. Later in few seconds the rear left lost air also and I ended up with the whole rear suspension without air very low to the ground. The front looks like it is in a good shape but seems higher than the normal level for me.
After such mess I drove home very slowly and parked the car in the garage (very rough rear ride), stopped the engine and started hoping it will refill or something. I got the message; vehicle is rising, please wait then malfunction and nothing happened and I can't hear any air compressor engagement.
My current guess is that I will need to check the whole system, find the leak, fix it and even change the air pump (this will be worst case scenario, but I guess it is already toasted).

My simple ask is, where can I find air lines diagram(s), air pump location ... etc. I couldn't find one for my model anywhere?

Bonus help is to have something like procedure for this process, it will be huge help but I hope I can survive without this.