Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C Class (W205)
Reprogram Active LED ? >

Reprogram Active LED ?

Notices
C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Reprogram Active LED ?

Old 01-21-2019, 09:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
C 43
Reprogram Active LED ?

OK, I blame MB for this one. I'm sitting in my c43, and find a video in the COMAND system. It explains how the Active LED works, but clearly it's the euro version...Now, I love the Active lights, they are the best legal lights I've ever had (we won't mention the 100 watt H1/55/60 H4 combo on a Jeep-not legal, and would boil paint off road signs-OK, a bit much).

The active lights have automatic high beams, which work quite well. The cornering lights are effective...but then I watched the video, showing a foggy night function, and a function which allows the high beams to wrap around cars ahead without blinding. My 2500 miles of use have shown the light system, even in crippled US DOT legal format, is very intelligent.

How do I re program the system to allow the full function. I've been tossing DOT spec lights since I got a license, so nothing new here. Where does the intelligence actually live ?
Old 01-21-2019, 11:14 PM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
potentially. I am looking into it. initial research suggests euro headlights have different hardware to allow coding of functions.