C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

More rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 01:13 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
More rattles

so the last two days, it’s been in the single digits / teen temperatures and I’ve got this rattle on the roof panel compartment / passenger seatbelt area (pillar B)? The noise happens when going over bumps and the best way to describe it is having 2-3 metal / steel poles banging against each other when I go over bumps. I’m unfortunately out of warranty so I can’t go to the dealership to have them look st it. Any common sources for where this noise could be coming from? A little bit of rattles / squeaks I can tolerate, but this one is persistent and loud. I’m hoping if the temperature goes up, these noises go away, but I’m not hopeful. Very frustrated with all the issues this car has, cause the thing does look nice...but that’s where it ends.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c400
Originally Posted by Elbandito
so the last two days, it’s been in the single digits / teen temperatures and I’ve got this rattle on the roof panel compartment / passenger seatbelt area (pillar B)? The noise happens when going over bumps and the best way to describe it is having 2-3 metal / steel poles banging against each other when I go over bumps. I’m unfortunately out of warranty so I can’t go to the dealership to have them look st it. Any common sources for where this noise could be coming from? A little bit of rattles / squeaks I can tolerate, but this one is persistent and loud. I’m hoping if the temperature goes up, these noises go away, but I’m not hopeful. Very frustrated with all the issues this car has, cause the thing does look nice...but that’s where it ends.
I have the same rattles its coming from the above compartment by the sunroof, they opened it up and said the harness cable was lose and they retaped it and that's it but I still have some rattles still on mine..