C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Trading a C400 for C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 10:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C400
Trading a C400 for C43

I have a 2015 C400 with 48K miles. I'm becoming concerned about quality control issues regarding the build of the car. Right now my rear windshield brake light is rattling like crazy and looks to have come out of it's place. One side is clearly sticking up and not flush. At the same time the front left corner of the dash is also making a noticeable noise unless I press my hand down in the corner of the dashboard. The touch pad and screen has been replaced. The rear view camera was replaced twice. The differential was leaking. I run out of extended warranty this March. I am bringing it in for the dashboard and breaklight rattles and a knocking sound. You can hear the knocking sound when I turn left. The knocks speed up as the car speeds up.

Anyway. Are people finding these kinds of issues in the 2017 C43's? Is it just the nature of any wheel 18" or larger shaking things apart? I haven't had many cars where things pop out of place or make creaks and squeaks. Things like electronics issues and a lack of tight fit in the interior construction. I can't say the engine concerns me in the C400 other then idling roughly in colder weather. Found a C43 that is the exact car I intitially wanted when I found my current car. Got a good deal on it. Currently owe 27k. Considering taking as low as 25k trade in but I worry that all the nonsense this car has on the service record will screw me. Overall I am just nervous more crap will break or fail when I'm out of warranty this March. I really love the car for what it is, but the quality makes me concerned.

Last edited by Igotsoul4u; 01-24-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300
I love my car but the squeaks drive me crazy. I have a 2015 as well.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:31 AM

c400
Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u
I have a 2015 C400 with 48K miles. I'm becoming concerned about quality control issues regarding the build of the car. Right now my rear windshield brake light is rattling like crazy and looks to have come out of it's place. One side is clearly sticking up and not flush. At the same time the front left corner of the dash is also making a noticeable noise unless I press my hand down in the corner of the dashboard. The touch pad and screen has been replaced. The rear view camera was replaced twice. The differential was leaking. I run out of extended warranty this March. I am bringing it in for the dashboard and breaklight rattles and a knocking sound. You can hear the knocking sound when I turn left. The knocks speed up as the car speeds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8xx8TtPsMY

Anyway. Are people finding these kinds of issues in the 2017 C43's? Is it just the nature of any wheel 18" or larger shaking things apart? I haven't had many cars where things pop out of place or make creaks and squeaks. Things like electronics issues and a lack of tight fit in the interior construction. I can't say the engine concerns me in the C400 other then idling roughly in colder weather. Found a C43 that is the exact car I intitially wanted when I found my current car. Got a good deal on it. Currently owe 27k. Considering taking as low as 25k trade in but I worry that all the nonsense this car has on the service record will screw me. Overall I am just nervous more crap will break or fail when I'm out of warranty this March. I really love the car for what it is, but the quality makes me concerned.
that ticking sound you hear when you turn is your axels. the 2015 original axels were built ****ty the MB rep told me. Mine was making same noise and I had my axels replaced under warranty(this is a common issue with the c400)...hope this helps you

The following users liked this post:
Igotsoul4u (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 11:35 AM

c400
Originally Posted by Anttribb
I love my car but the squeaks drive me crazy. I have a 2015 as well.
mine also makes lots of rattle and crackling sounds when driving and its all coming from the above compartment. they know the sounds there but cant find what it is. They opened the above compartment and a harness wire was lose so they taped it up, but the ticking sounds is still there