C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Front Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C220 Sport
Front Parking Sensors

Hi all,

I have a W205 C220 Bluetec Sport,
I am no Mercedes expert but I have been having a go..
My front parking sensors have not been working,
This morning I removed my front bumper and checked everything was connected, I then disconnected the wiring harness and re-connected.
I put the car into ignition 1, and the sensors were working..
I put the bumper back on the car and the started the engine and the parking sensors stopped working again..
it doesn’t look like an issue with individual parking sensors as far as I am aware as they were all ticking..

does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

thanks in advance !!
Old 05-13-2019, 04:51 AM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
i had water in mine ( car was less then a year old) so they replaced all sensors and put new cable tree.
no more issues now
Old 05-13-2019, 05:22 AM

W205 C220 Sport
Originally Posted by Doa
i had water in mine ( car was less then a year old) so they replaced all sensors and put new cable tree.
no more issues now
Hi Doa,

Thanks for your reply.. Was your previous parking sensors emitting ticking noise? Mines are which makes me think the actual sensors are not the problem, but I may be wrong?

Thanks again
Old 05-13-2019, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
There is a diagnostic and "re-calibration" too in Xentry MB shop tool... you may need to turn this issue over to a dealer or a well-equipped indie...
Old 05-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Kamran K
Hi Doa,

Thanks for your reply.. Was your previous parking sensors emitting ticking noise? Mines are which makes me think the actual sensors are not the problem, but I may be wrong?

Thanks again
My sensors sometimes worked, other times they didnt or just went crazy without any obstacle or even without being in reverse
Old 05-13-2019, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Kamran K
Hi all,

I have a W205 C220 Bluetec Sport,
I am no Mercedes expert but I have been having a go..
My front parking sensors have not been working,
This morning I removed my front bumper and checked everything was connected, I then disconnected the wiring harness and re-connected.
I put the car into ignition 1, and the sensors were working..
I put the bumper back on the car and the started the engine and the parking sensors stopped working again..
it doesn’t look like an issue with individual parking sensors as far as I am aware as they were all ticking..

does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

thanks in advance !!
The first question I would ask is: What do you mean by "parking sensors stopped working"? Did you get an error message? How did you determine they are not working?

When I replaced my front grille, I first disconnected the battery and then disconnected the only wiring harness which is on the passenger side corner of the front bumper.

You can actually access that connector easily by turning the right wheel inward and removing the 3 plastic rivets in the inside fender.

Maybe recheck that its connected properly, it has a clip that needs to be in the locked position.

Last edited by benzdude; 05-13-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:34 PM

W205 C220 Sport
@fabbrisd1 thanks for your reply, actually I will try that, maybe last to save a few pennies haha

@Doa thanks again for your reply, oh really! I have quite the opposite, the module detects that there is a fault in the parking sensors and switches all of them off completely

@benzdude thanks for your in-depth reply! Reason I realised parking sensors are not working is because when I put the car in reverse or drive, the sensors just beep with 4 red, and just turns them all off,
the rear sensors give a ticking noise, front does not

Actually good shout, instead of taking off the bumper I will do that again! Thanks! Somehow I do think this is being caused by the wiring harness, but I’m not too sure just yet,

thanks all!
Old 05-25-2019, 12:47 PM

W205 C220 Sport
Thanks guys,

Just solved this, replaced the wiring harness and I’m all good to go!
The following users liked this post:
benzdude (05-25-2019)
Old 05-15-2022, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220d 2017 plate amg premium plus
Parking sensor problem

I got my 2017 C220d 4 months ago and been having intermittent partking sensor issues. MB dealership wanted to charge me £2000 to diagnose and fix the problem. I opened up the driver's side inner fender and accessed the harness connectors and it was corroding (as in pics). I dried it, cleaned and sand papered it and reconnected and no problems with it now. So it could just be a connection/conduct issue due to water or corrosion.