C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MB Honoring Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C300 2015
Lightbulb MB Honoring Warranty

hi ..
I have a C300 2015 that I have servicing at the dealer for the 14 month .. I bought it with 14K miles .. it now has 27K miles
my question is how do I get the dealer to honor the warranty on the car
the problem I report is with the leather seat wearing off .. no cuts no accidents .. just a bad piece of leather there
they have been procrastinating every time I went there and my warranty is about to expire ..
every visit I brought it up they ignored the request to fix it
the dealership is Mercedes Benz of Chantilly

I really don't know what to do

thanks!
Old 06-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
GLA250 4Matic, 911 Carrera S, R1250 GS Adv.
Before the 48 mo. warranty does expire, be sure that your complaint has been recorded as a reason for service. You should have a repair order saying something like, customer states seat leather is defective. Then there should be the M-B service department's response as to whether it's a defect or just normal wear. I don't know how they can "ignore" your request - they should at least make a record of it, even if they don't believe there's a problem. Once your complaint is recorded during the warranty period you have some standing to get it fixed under warranty.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
I was told its not a warranty item, but sometimes Mercedes will do it anyways. It is up to the dealer to request it.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,104 Likes on 809 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
How do you know it's "leather" - do you show "leather" interior on the window sticker or Mercedes spec sheet ? If this is your 1st Mercedes 90% of 2015 C-Class are MBTex/synthetic so that you know.

Do you have dark interior and it is now showing wear/light color ? Do you have light interior that is now showing wear/dark color ? Is this Driver's seat cushion or is this driver's seat seat back ? Do you want to post a photo here ?

1. It can be done under "4Yr/50K Mile New Car Warranty" - the dealer has to check it in under repair ticket - take photo - upload from tech to MBUSA new car warranty approval - with MBUSA new car warranty approval they order in the replacement seat cover portion (cushion or seat back) - install under MB warranty rate.

2. It is "very hard" to get done under CPO warranty - all the same process at the dealer - they submit to Mercedes CPO warranty - it gets rejected by CPO - then you need to take the rejection and call MBUSA Customer Care and put forth the argument with low mileage it should be replaced under Mercedes CPO Warranty and/or under Customer Goodwill.

3. The 3rd way - have the dealer Parts Dept pull up and give you written quote with the MB part# for that replacement seat cover section - you take that part # and google to see if online what the best price is that you can get - then have a independent upholstery shop quote install

4. The 4th road - if you have MBTex a a mobile upholstery guide can generally spray/match that section like $100 - which will last quite well on MBTex - or Dye leather section