C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

DSP Amplifier, Woofers + Center Speaker Upgrading for C Class W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 04:11 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W213
DSP Amplifier, Woofers + Center Speaker Upgrading for C Class W205

Mercedes C Class W205 DSP Amplifier, Woofers + Center Speaker Upgrading
Mercedes original standard speaker(non-burmester system) sound quality is not good, under driver seat does not have woofer, passenger seat woofer quality is bad, door speaker quality is bad, does not have center speaker(original speaker in center position is for navigation sound only, not for music), does not have tweeter in A column.
If you don't want to spend a lot money to upgrade the audio to Burmester system, you can consider our below audio package special for Mercedes Benz E Class W213, C Class W205 & GLC X253, you can get a significantly improvement for the sound system.
DSP Amplifier + Woofers + Center speaker package: DSP and speakers are plug & play installation, no need to cut cable, easy to install. Center speaker & woofers will increase the space, stereo sense and layering of sound, create a better sound field.
Product details at: https://www.incarpassion.com/mercede...enter-speaker/

Midrange door speaker + tweeter package
Product details at: https://www.incarpassion.com/4-midra...-benz-c-e-glc/

DSP + Woofers sound effect for reference(video is shoot by mobile, real sound effect is better)
Old 08-28-2019, 05:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C Coupé w205
I am drving a C Coupe, so I do not have speakers in the A pillar. Where am I supposed to place the tweeters then?
Concerning the cables and the dsp: I have no clue how to install them. Do you guys have a pictured installation manual?
Old 08-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W213
A pillar can not install the tweeters, I will check if there's solution for the tweeters(click the picture to zoom in the picture).
Below is the DSP installation process for your reference.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:30 PM

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Step 5 of the installation photos sounds confusing, what exactly was done in this step?

Could you please send me a quote for the amp + woofers + center speaker along with the door speakers + tweeters?
Old 10-31-2019, 05:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by BayAreaAMG
Step 5 of the installation photos sounds confusing, what exactly was done in this step?

Could you please send me a quote for the amp + woofers + center speaker along with the door speakers + tweeters?
Looks like they pulled positive power from that distribution block (as opposed from the battery directly), and it connects to the mounted amp under the seat.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:19 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jeboo
Looks like they pulled positive power from that distribution block (as opposed from the battery directly), and it connects to the mounted amp under the seat.
That would make sense, thanks! I didn't know this car already has an amp, and it's located under the seat? I have the base model sound system, the Audio 20.

I wonder if this amp only powers the woofers or also the door speakers
Old 10-31-2019, 08:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by BayAreaAMG
That would make sense, thanks! I didn't know this car already has an amp, and it's located under the seat? I have the base model sound system, the Audio 20.

I wonder if this amp only powers the woofers or also the door speakers
The A20 doesn't have a stock amp, the head-unit powers the speakers. I was assuming maybe the aftermarket amp goes under the seat, although they show it wedged in the floorboard in an earlier pic.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:00 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jeboo
The A20 doesn't have a stock amp, the head-unit powers the speakers. I was assuming maybe the aftermarket amp goes under the seat, although they show it wedged in the floorboard in an earlier pic.
Oh ok that's what I thought too.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w205 coupe

Can you also send me a quote for this package? I have a C W205 Coupe.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:17 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Personally, due to the lack of responses to questions surrounding the details of the amplifier I decided to skip out on this stuff. I don't like putting unknown equipment like that in my car. It looks like a good deal but you want to know exactly what you're buying before handing over your money.

I decided to go with Audiotec Fischer speakers and amp setup.
The following users liked this post:
jakethelight (07-29-2021)
Old 02-11-2020, 12:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300
BayAreaAMG- How do you like the Audiotec Fischer speakers? What amp did you go with? Did you use an installer in the SF bay area? Would you use them again? I'm looking at the same, thanks for any advice!
Old 02-11-2020, 12:13 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Packin4
BayAreaAMG- How do you like the Audiotec Fischer speakers? What amp did you go with? Did you use an installer in the SF bay area? Would you use them again? I'm looking at the same, thanks for any advice!
I have actually delayed to finish my setup and spent some money on other mods lol. I did already install the Audiotec Fischer Match upgrade speakers minus the footwell subs, and have not yet installed or purchased the amplifier. The amplifier I am gonna use is the Match UP 7DSP. I've heard the setup before and it sounds amazing. I'm going to install it all myself, but I originally spoke with a shop near my home called Seismic Autosound, and labor prices seemed reasonable. The owner installs the Audiotec speakers and amps in a lot of BMW's and has done some Mercedes before too, his work is very professional.

I was in contact with Audiotec Fischer by email and they told me the harness I need is the PP-MQS 1.4 (this is the 1.4 meter cable, the amp would install under the glove box area somewhere)

Also they gave me a document containing the published review from Car&Hifi magazine - I've attached it to this reply.
"Enclosed is the English translated review about our Mercedes sound system which is published in the current Car&Hifi magazine."
Old 02-11-2020, 12:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic Sport
How is the sound improvement with just the speakers upgraded? Is it noticeable enough without the use of the amp? Also is ebay the only place to actually buy this amp in the US?
Old 02-11-2020, 01:21 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by botaggs1
How is the sound improvement with just the speakers upgraded? Is it noticeable enough without the use of the amp? Also is ebay the only place to actually buy this amp in the US?
The actual quality is much more balanced and refined. It helps a lot to have added tweeters to the front doors, the audio 20 sound system has no tweeters. For that I bought a pre-made y-splitter on eBay in order to connect the tweeter to the 4" main speaker.

The bass has very little improvement over stock since the stock stereo is underpowered and not tuned too well. It seems the Match speakers allow more frequency range to it unlike the stock speaker. Although the bass is a tad louder it will also seems to distort a bit earlier at higher volumes if you keep it at +10. I usually use my phone to stream music and use the built in equalizer to refine it better. Until the dsp amp is installed the speakers will not be able to shine like it should.

Oh and the only place I've found was eBay, or the local shop near me who is an authorized shop for the Audiotec products. I think you can ask Audiotec in an email for what audio shops might be in your area, who sell their products.

Last edited by BayAreaAMG; 02-11-2020 at 01:24 PM.
botaggs1 (02-11-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c200 w205 coupe uk.
W205 Coupe, speaker upgrade

I'll be going ahead with a simple front door replacement of the stock Audio 20 with these...will photo-document the install soon....

botaggs1 (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 11:58 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Nice! You won't be disappointed with the match products but those coaxial units are best set for the rear doors. If you ever get another pair, be sure to get the component speaker model which have the separate tweeters and you can buy a Y-splitter cable from eBay to get them connected.

I just completed my full upgrade a couple weeks ago, very satisfied with the end result. Took some time to tweak the settings of the DSP amplifier to find a good balanced sound with no distortion at higher volume.

I already had installed the door speakers and then got these in the mail a couple weeks ago, I went straight to work installing it all myself. Audio shop I was gonna take it to is closed now. I took lots of pics

Last edited by BayAreaAMG; 04-15-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:39 PM

2016 E350 4Matic Sport
Thanks for this, looking forward to seeing your post. Did you get the DSP off of ebay? Also do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I've seen a lot of prices floating around for the US.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:41 PM

2016 E350 4Matic Sport
Also one other follow up, where does that center speaker go? I know the audio 20 system doesnt have one specifically, however there is a mounting location. Is there wiring in there and everything?
Old 04-16-2020, 02:09 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Yes I did purchase everything from eBay since unfortunately, that is really the only place to buy it. Because of this you will pay more due to international shipping. I would recommend to buy from the seller allwoodsaudio, they are an audio shop in the UK with an eBay store and will provide you with the power/ground wires, as well as assist in the installation in any way they can - excellent customer service which is hard to come by. Just a note - their subwoofers are listed as RHD only cars, but if you message them for LHD before purchasing they will be sure you get the left hand drive subwoofers instead. I bought the door speakers from brax_helix_match_uk.

With allwoodsaudio they have a package for the subwoofers/amplifier/MQS plug and play harness in one listing which brings costs down. I paid US $1,362.55 total including shipping and taxes for that package. The center speaker I bought from allwoodsaudio as well for US $101.42 total. The door speakers I got last year from the other seller I mentioned of - the fronts were US $250.63 the rear is US $212.36. Two other things I purchased, the Audiotec Fischer URC.3 REMOTE CONTROL for US $62.91 and the Y-splitter cable to install the tweeters for about $30. I would recommend to buy as much as you can that is bundled in a package as it will save you money on shipping and the individual item price is also usually lower too.

So as you can see this is a very pricey setup, but you will have a system better than Burmester, have the ability to tweak the DSP to your likings as well as the ability to uninstall it and sell it in the future if you wanted. All plug and play.

The center speaker is there on the Audio 20 but from what I understand it is not used for playing music, the cable going to it is for the SOS system so it plays phone call audio and probably others like GPS navigation. The new Match center speaker has 2 plugs for cables, one you plug the stock cabling to it for SOS and the other is part of the amplifier output cable that you will route directly from the amplifier.

I can make my own thread for my install and share pics, or I can share them here. There's also another thread dedicated to upgrading the base audio but it is a very long read already with information scattered.
The following 2 users liked this post by BayAreaAMG:
botaggs1 (04-16-2020), wanabephile (05-13-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 02:27 PM

2016 E350 4Matic Sport
Thanks for sharing. Yes that thread has definitely become a monster. If you're open to sharing, I think we'd all appreciate seeing your experience and having it be a new thread! I know a lot of members want to do the same thing including myself.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:37 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Ok cool, I will gladly make a separate thread for a bit of a DIY on the install, I will have to dig up whatever pics I took of the door speakers back in November I am not sure how many pics I took on that, but those are more straight forward of an install.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 4matic Coupe S
Question: What if I simply repalce the rear deck speakers with mid bass?

I'm thinking of trying a simple fix for the audio in my Burmester system in my C300 4matic Coupe. My biggest complaint is the lack of mid bass. An entire range of sound is absent. In a prior vehicle, I had a pair of mid bass/range speakers in the rear deck that provided excellent balance. I found a pair of similar speakers online that I think would fill in the gaps. The speakers are: Harmony Audio HA-C69 Car Stereo Carbon Series 500 Watt 6x9. They have Frequency Response: 35Hz-21kHz which would be ideal coming from the rear deck. I know it would require making larger holes in the deck mount, but I think this might be an efficient solution without having to replace the core system. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Am I missing anything obvious? I'm thinking I can use the fader to balance between the front bass and the new mid bass rear speakers to create a fuller, more balanced, full-range sound. I'll see if anyone has an opinion. I may go ahead and buy the speakers (they're not expensive) and then shop professionals to have them installed.

UPDATE 5/22/20: I took a closer look at the rear parcel deck in my C300 Coupe. There is NO WAY I could put 6 x 9 speakers in there. The deck itself is too small and would require some serious re-fabrication. When I get a chance, I'm going to take this to a professional and explore options for replacing the system. I just want to hear a balanced full range in my sound system. This Burmester-named system is just weird. It's also clunky to use the equalizer on the fly. To be honest, it's dangerous to make adjustments while driving because it requires multiple steps as you look at the command screen. I had a really easy to use 3 slide equalizer in my previous car that you could adjust without even looking. It was an Infinity system that played like a symphony. I'll get this right sooner or later. When I do, I'll share my solution here.

Last edited by RobInBoston; 05-22-2020 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-01-2020, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by RobInBoston
I'm thinking of trying a simple fix for the audio in my Burmester system in my C300 4matic Coupe. My biggest complaint is the lack of mid bass. An entire range of sound is absent. In a prior vehicle, I had a pair of mid bass/range speakers in the rear deck that provided excellent balance. I found a pair of similar speakers online that I think would fill in the gaps. The speakers are: Harmony Audio HA-C69 Car Stereo Carbon Series 500 Watt 6x9. They have Frequency Response: 35Hz-21kHz which would be ideal coming from the rear deck. I know it would require making larger holes in the deck mount, but I think this might be an efficient solution without having to replace the core system. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Am I missing anything obvious? I'm thinking I can use the fader to balance between the front bass and the new mid bass rear speakers to create a fuller, more balanced, full-range sound. I'll see if anyone has an opinion. I may go ahead and buy the speakers (they're not expensive) and then shop professionals to have them installed.
How do you plan on driving those Harmony Audio HA-C69 Car Stereo Carbon Series 500 Watt 6x9 speakers? You mentioned you have Burmester.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:35 AM

2017 C300 4matic Coupe S
Originally Posted by benzdude
How do you plan on driving those Harmony Audio HA-C69 Car Stereo Carbon Series 500 Watt 6x9 speakers? You mentioned you have Burmester.
Thanks for the quick reply. About the Burmester, according to published information, the C-Class Burmester system gets 13 speakers, a nine-channel amplifier and 590 watts (7x50W, 2x120W) of power as standard. The Harmony HA-C69 speaker says about Power Handling: Peak: 500 watts RMS: 200 watts. I don't know exactly how that translates. That's why I put this question out here. Now, if I were to guess, I'm thinking the 7 x 50W is for the (1) front center speaker plus the (4) mid-range in doors, and the (2) rear deck "surround"; the 120W is for the (2) front bass speakers. Published information doesn't talk about the wattage for tweeters. Does it sound like a possibility? Would the fader possibly allow more juice to be directed toward the rear 6 x 9 speakers? Or, would I need a stronger amplifier? I don't understand exactly how Peak 500 watts and RMS 200 watts relate to the nine-channel amplifier and how much power it would require for these 6 x 9 speakers to function at moderately high volume. That's why I put this out here. I don't plan to do this myself. I'm going to take it to a professional. If you know something I don't, please share. Thank you!

Last edited by RobInBoston; 05-05-2020 at 07:36 AM. Reason: edti speaker configuration
Old 04-13-2021, 05:00 AM

Mercedes GLC
Exclamation Center speaker not working

Originally Posted by incarpassion
Mercedes C Class W205 DSP Amplifier, Woofers + Center Speaker Upgrading
Mercedes original standard speaker(non-burmester system) sound quality is not good, under driver seat does not have woofer, passenger seat woofer quality is bad, door speaker quality is bad, does not have center speaker(original speaker in center position is for navigation sound only, not for music), does not have tweeter in A column.
If you don't want to spend a lot money to upgrade the audio to Burmester system, you can consider our below audio package special for Mercedes Benz E Class W213, C Class W205 & GLC X253, you can get a significantly improvement for the sound system.
DSP Amplifier + Woofers + Center speaker package: DSP and speakers are plug & play installation, no need to cut cable, easy to install. Center speaker & woofers will increase the space, stereo sense and layering of sound, create a better sound field.
Product details at: https://www.incarpassion.com/mercede...enter-speaker/

Midrange door speaker + tweeter package
Product details at: https://www.incarpassion.com/4-midra...-benz-c-e-glc/

DSP + Woofers sound effect for reference(video is shoot by mobile, real sound effect is better)
https://youtu.be/OaXbzMIAY48
The last week i can buy 1 set DSP ( 2 woofer, 1 center speaker and 1 dsp ). but i don't receive sound in center speaker. and i don't have PC Application tuning this dsp. Can you help me for this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DSP Amplifier, Woofers + Center Speaker Upgrading for C Class W205