C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Comand Controller Button Variations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 09:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ML350 BlueTec W166 - C250d W205 - GLC250d - C43
Comand Controller Button Variations

I wonder if someone can advise? I recently bought a C250d W205 (used vehicle). It seems the previous owner spilled a sweetened drink or coffee over the comand controller/audio buttons. They are sticky and difficult to press with no tactile feel. I want to replace the buttons and controller but there are quite a number of variations available. So I have the part numbers of what I need but new buttons are very expensive. I can find secondhand/used controllers and buttons that are still in good condition at a good price but the buttons vary somewhat.

My configuration on the left is the dynamic select, raise vehicle and auto start/stop. The right side is volume and system on/off switch. The unit I can find to replace has the manual (M) button extra on the left and it seems a ESP on/off button extra on the right. For the rest the functions are the same.

If i install this controller will the other button just not function, I assume there are extra pins in the cable plugs? Or will the functions do what they are supposed to do, or must this be added via the diagnostics or star programming?

Because I have the airmatic suspension with the raise vehicle button it is quite difficult to find the exact controller configuration, the other options are with the hybrid button or rear sun visor and as I don't have these options it would be stupid to have these even if they do noting/