C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Service B Overdue by 31,000 Miles??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic Sport
Angry Service B Overdue by 31,000 Miles??

I changed my oil in my '16 C300/4 and reset the service indicator at which point a dialog box informs me (every time I start the car) that Service B is overdue by 31,200 miles. Something went horribly bad and this was the second oil change I've performed including resetting the service indicator. I bought the car with 26,000 miles on it and it's now coming up on 50,000 - I haven't even driven it 30,000 miles (bought from a Mercedes dealer in Akron, OH (great experience)). It has the unlimited mile CPO warranty extended for two years so I should be good until 2023 - but the factory warranty is about to expire so I wanted to get it checked out (there is an issue with the internet service and this overdue warning) and get the transmission fluid changed before the 50k requirement. I rented a car for the week as I had to travel on business to Ohio and they had the car for this same week thinking I would pick my car up, return the rental, and all would be good with my (so far) awesome C300. Tuesday the service writer called and told me that users can no longer reset the service indicators and that they would have to complete Service B for $560 including another oil change which I had just completed two weeks prior. This sounds like BS to me. Needing my car back on Friday so I could return the rental car before 7PM - I told him to go ahead and I also approved the transmission fluid change.

When I was an hour away from the dealer I thought I should call and check in and let them know that I was inbound and would be picking up my car. The service writer (Okemos Auto Collection in Okemos (Lansing) Michigan) informed me that they had only performed a recall on the car and that nothing else had been done including the transmission fluid change... IN A WEEK. If I wanted Service B completed (so they could reset the Service B indicator) they would need to keep it another day - mind you I had already approved Service B and the fluid change. He said they couldn't find anything wrong with the cell receiver for internet in the car and suggested that the dealer in Akron screwed something up. I politely informed him that they're the servicing dealer at this point and it doesn't work - it needs to be fixed. He said they didn't know what was causing the problem. Really???? You're the authorized MERCEDES service center - if you can't figure it out (due to incompetence?) who can? I asked him who the General Manager for the dealership is and he politely informed me. I think I'll stop in and have a visit with Mr. Shaheen Monday morning. I cannot express how disappointed I am with this Mercedes experience.

Has anyone else had an interval issue with their service indicator?

Has anyone else had an issue with the cell service for the internet service? The free trial isn't going so at this point.

Thanks.

Last edited by KCaudell; 09-21-2019 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 09-22-2019, 08:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
I would place a call to MB USA to register your issues with the local service center and demand corrections under warranty.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:40 PM

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts
2016 C300 sedan
I've had those indicators pop up on occasion and have just reset them just like I do when I reset the oil indicator when I change the oil. You can only reset one at a time then need to wait a day or two before you can reset another service indicator. Can't help with the internet, I've never used it although I think my CPO came with it for a trial period.