C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Fuse for retained accessory power (RAP) and when the command power button is pressed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Question Fuse for retained accessory power (RAP) and when the command power button is pressed.

I recently installed an Audison Prima AP8.9 bit DSP amplifier in my C300. (DIY instructions soon)

Everything works great. The Audiosn amp turns on/off with the factory amplifier using DC offset and a remote trigger provided by a PAC TR4 remote turn on module.

I also have a JL Audio Fix 82 in the chain to flatten the factory signals and feed the Audison via optical.

The Fix 82 remote turn on is currently connected to fuse #446 (in the trunk) which only has power while the ignition is ON OR right after ignition is turned OFF (if the drivers door has not been opened). This is called retained accessory power or RAP.

Everything works great so far except I got in the car today (ignition off) and pressed the power button. The command came on, but the Fix 82 did not.

it appears I need to tap a fuse with both ignition power and when the power button is pressed to turn on the command system.

Does anyone know which fuse number will do both of these things?
Old 10-05-2019, 02:26 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by benzdude
I recently installed an Audison Prima AP8.9 bit DSP amplifier in my C300. (DIY instructions soon)

Everything works great. The Audiosn amp turns on/off with the factory amplifier using DC offset and a remote trigger provided by a PAC TR4 remote turn on module.

I also have a JL Audio Fix 82 in the chain to flatten the factory signals and feed the Audison via optical.

The Fix 82 remote turn on is currently connected to fuse #446 (in the trunk) which only has power while the ignition is ON OR right after ignition is turned OFF (if the drivers door has not been opened). This is called retained accessory power or RAP.

Everything works great so far except I got in the car today (ignition off) and pressed the power button. The command came on, but the Fix 82 did not.

it appears I need to tap a fuse with both ignition power and when the power button is pressed to turn on the command system.

Does anyone know which fuse number will do both of these things?
Why not just put the TR-4 upstream of the Fix 82 and use it's output signal to turn both components on? If you truly need the latter setup and no single fuse has that logic, you may need to add a relay.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by jeboo
Why not just put the TR-4 upstream of the Fix 82 and use it's output signal to turn both components on? If you truly need the latter setup and no single fuse has that logic, you may need to add a relay.
I originally had the FIX 82 doing the DC offset remote trigger ON/OFF to my Audison AMP.

Turn on works great however, there is always pop/bump in my speakers from the factory amp as it shutdowns before the fix 82 and Audison.

I've messed with all the settings on both devices to try and fix their shutdown time, but no luck. I even tried using the TR-4 on DC offset and then Audison as the ON/OFF trigger to the FIX 82.

I also investigated using the factory amp as an ON/OFF trigger, but the two fuses feeding the Factory AMP remain 12 volt, even after the car is locked the AMP shutdown/sleeps.

Not sure how the factory amp get its wake up/ shutdown instructions.

I think my solution is to probe the front fuses for one that is 12volt on ignition or when that power button is pressed. If that fails I can probably tap into the command display power.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by benzdude
I originally had the FIX 82 doing the DC offset remote trigger ON/OFF to my Audison AMP.

Turn on works great however, there is always pop/bump in my speakers from the factory amp as it shutdowns before the fix 82 and Audison.

I've messed with all the settings on both devices to try and fix their shutdown time, but no luck. I even tried using the TR-4 on DC offset and then Audison as the ON/OFF trigger to the FIX 82.

I also investigated using the factory amp as an ON/OFF trigger, but the two fuses feeding the Factory AMP remain 12 volt, even after the car is locked the AMP shutdown/sleeps.

Not sure how the factory amp get its wake up/ shutdown instructions.

I think my solution is to probe the front fuses for one that is 12volt on ignition or when that power button is pressed. If that fails I can probably tap into the command display power.

Thanks!
Have you tried having the Fix82 remote out control the Audison via remote in?