C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New owner, question about Audio20/NTG5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class w205
New owner, question about Audio20/NTG5

Regards.

So I bought an used C Class w205 year 2015.
It lists having:
AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5
It has Garmin maps on SD card, and really don't know if its capable of Android auto as I don't have that option.
I would like to upgrade this system to Android Auto.
What are my options? Can I buy a used Command system on eBay? Which one should I buy?
I'm really new at this and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2019, 09:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 c300 4matic
I have a 2016 and have also been curious if I could add apple carplay... the only things Ive been able to find is a video on youtube where they take apart the whole dash and install a control module of some sort, but the kicker is the screen is then reading all in chinese? or another language so it doesn't seem to be made for US cars. The other option Ive seen is an obd2 plugin device that is supposed to activate the feature but this also doesn't seem to be for the right model years. Ive yet to read any actual reviews of either of these methods being utilized in an early w205 so Im just about done trying and thinking I wont be able to have carplay or android auto unfortunately
Old 12-21-2019, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class w205
Originally Posted by michael_messina
I have a 2016 and have also been curious if I could add apple carplay... the only things Ive been able to find is a video on youtube where they take apart the whole dash and install a control module of some sort, but the kicker is the screen is then reading all in chinese? or another language so it doesn't seem to be made for US cars. The other option Ive seen is an obd2 plugin device that is supposed to activate the feature but this also doesn't seem to be for the right model years. Ive yet to read any actual reviews of either of these methods being utilized in an early w205 so Im just about done trying and thinking I wont be able to have carplay or android auto unfortunately
I was thinking of buying an used command module from newer models and install it but can't seem to find any information on that topic.
If that is not an option I see there are many aftermarket devices available but would like to know from someone on this forum which is the best buy, what are its' ups/downs, It's not a problem if it needs to be installed in the dash if it works fine and integrates with existing system fine.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:28 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 C300 Cab 4Matic
Check with a dealer. I'm pretty sure the OEM units are coded to the car and a used one won't work in a different car unless you can have it recoded at a dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Ron P Baker (12-22-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 02:30 PM

Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
i have OEM android auto / carplay on my2016 C450.
to me it worths every pennies.
answer call hands free using the car' speaker.
read and send text sms while driving.
just plug in your phone and go, no need to manually enter addresses on garmin.
no need to buy updated maps and live traffic every year.
stream music from yourtube music, i like it better than spotify.