C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Fuel Filler Recess And Door Hinge Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C Class Estate
Question W205 Fuel Filler Recess And Door Hinge Replacement

Hi All,

I have a W205 C220 Bluetec Estate and I've managed to snap off the fuel flap at the hinge. So I need to replace the whole Fuel Filler Recess Assembly.

I have the genuine part coming in the mail but I need instructions on its removal / replacement on the car.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this please?

I've looked on the web and Youtube for a couple of days with no success. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks!
The following users liked this post:
artoriaspreprod (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c300
Hello, I am having similar issue, I am wondering if you've figured that out? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C-Class
Hi Philbow,I hope this helps.The process of replacing the fuel filler recess assembly can vary in complexity and requires careful handling to avoid damaging any components. Although specific instructions can be quite detailed and it's recommended to refer to the vehicle's service manual or seek guidance from a professional mechanic, I can provide general steps that might help guide you through the replacement:
  1. Access the fuel filler recess area: Open the fuel filler flap and remove any fasteners, screws, or clips securing the assembly in place. Some vehicles might have an interior panel or trunk liner that needs removal to access the assembly mounting points.
  2. Disconnect electrical connections: If there are any electrical connections or sensors associated with the fuel filler recess assembly, carefully disconnect them.
  3. Remove the assembly: Once access is gained and all connections are disconnected, carefully remove the assembly by unscrewing any retaining bolts, clips, or fasteners. Take note of how the assembly is positioned and installed before removal.
  4. Install the new assembly: Align the new fuel filler recess assembly properly and secure it in place using the appropriate fasteners. Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected earlier.
  5. Test: After installation, test the functionality of the new assembly by opening and closing the fuel filler flap to ensure it operates smoothly and securely.
Remember, these steps are general guidelines and may not cover all specifics for your particular vehicle model. It's highly recommended to consult the vehicle's service manual or seek professional assistance if you're unsure about the process. Using a good scanner like the youcanic scanner can also assist in diagnosing any potential issues that might arise during or after the replacement process.