C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Warning tone from parking sensors too quiet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C350e AMG Line Estate
Warning tone from parking sensors too quiet

I have recently acquired a 2017 PHEV C350e AMG Line Estate (S205).
I'm loving it but, the sound from the parking sensors both front and rear is too quiet and it's necessary to turn off the radio when parking in order to hear the beeps.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the warning sound level increased from the parking sensors and set the radio/media to reduce volume automatically?
I've looked everywhere in the Command menus, so far without success.
Do I need to go to a dealer for them to adjust the sound level via the STAR system?
Hope someone can help. Thanks!
Update February:
After a couple of weeks without a single response, I'm a bit disappointed! I was hoping that this forum would have some experts who also might have experienced this issue but, hey ho, it appears not. It's off to my nearest MB main dealer to see if they can help. 🤔

Last edited by fastlemon; 02-02-2020 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Not one single response!
The following users liked this post:
LesterS (06-29-2021)
Old 02-17-2020, 06:04 AM

MERCEDES CLASE C 220 W205
Originally Posted by fastlemon
I'm loving it but, the sound from the parking sensors both front and rear is too quiet and it's necessary to turn off the radio when parking in order to hear the beeps.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the warning sound level increased from the parking sensors and set the radio/media to reduce volume automatically?
Do I need to go to a dealer for them to adjust the sound level via the STAR system?
Update February:
After a couple of weeks without a single response, I'm a bit disappointed! I was hoping that this forum would have some experts who also might have experienced this issue but, hey ho, it appears not. It's off to my nearest MB main dealer to see if they can help. 🤔
Hola yo tengo el mismo problema que tú , pero ya desistí de ello, pregunté una vez en la casa y me dijeron que no se podía subir que tenía que ser así, no me lo creo , creo que ellos no saben pero seguro que se alguna manera se puede ,a mi me dijeron que no era posible .
Old 02-17-2020, 02:12 PM

C350e
Update February:
Drive close to wall etc. When sensors starts to beeb just increase volume . Same with Phone, navigation etc. When in use volume control will work on that, not radio.
diamondsilver16 (02-17-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 07:17 AM

Parking sensors too quiet

Hi
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but unfortunately, it doesn't work for my C350e. I even tried it with the radio switched off and switched on. No success either way. I'm giving up and will have to remember to just reduce the radio or media volume whenever I'm parking in a confined space.
Frankly, I'm amazed and disappointed that Mercedes don't seem to have a fix for what is a basic functionality issue!

Originally Posted by Jyrmy
Drive close to wall etc. When sensors starts to beeb just increase volume . Same with Phone, navigation etc. When in use volume control will work on that, not radio.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts
2016 C300W4 (W205), Luxury Pkg, Diamond Silver Met. and Silk Beige\Espresso Interior
Googling this topic (Parktronic volume level) nets multiple results saying that it can only be changed using STAR/Xentry (dealer or someone that has the computer).
fastlemon (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.

Update February:

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 03-11-2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:42 PM

Parking sensor volume level

Hi diamondsilver
Thanks for that info. That's the first positive news on this issue. I'll go to my local dealer asap and will update this thread whatever the result.
Cheers !

Originally Posted by diamondsilver16
Googling this topic (Parktronic volume level) nets multiple results saying that it can only be changed using STAR/Xentry (dealer or someone that has the computer).
Originally Posted by Jyrmy