C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New "Midline" audio option - how to get signal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C300D Estate
New "Midline" audio option - how to get signal?

Hi,

I've been lurking for some time and have lapped up all the threads on W205 audio, including the "Burmester" and "Audio 20" upgrade blogs (thank you Mike, invaluable!)

I assumed I had an Audio 20 system and ordered bits accordingly, but now I've found an amp in the boot trim (RHS) marked "Midline"

This would explain the centre dash speaker where there shouldn't be one - there's a new "mid range" audio trim between the A20 and the Burm, and it has an amp.

Does anyone please happen to know whether I can still get a high-level feed from the Quadlock in the dash, or whether I have to T off the high-level outputs of the amp a la Burmester?

Assuming the latter (1) does anyone want an unused Audio 20 / Mosconi 90.6 loom and (2) does anyone have access to a pinout diagram for the Midline amp please? I'm guessing its not the same as the Burm - that would be too easy.

Its one of these: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kewAA...KC/s-l1600.jpg

Cheers
Alex

Old 09-30-2022, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205
Originally Posted by alexp_s205
Hi,

I've been lurking for some time and have lapped up all the threads on W205 audio, including the "Burmester" and "Audio 20" upgrade blogs (thank you Mike, invaluable!)

I assumed I had an Audio 20 system and ordered bits accordingly, but now I've found an amp in the boot trim (RHS) marked "Midline"

This would explain the centre dash speaker where there shouldn't be one - there's a new "mid range" audio trim between the A20 and the Burm, and it has an amp.

Does anyone please happen to know whether I can still get a high-level feed from the Quadlock in the dash, or whether I have to T off the high-level outputs of the amp a la Burmester?

Assuming the latter (1) does anyone want an unused Audio 20 / Mosconi 90.6 loom and (2) does anyone have access to a pinout diagram for the Midline amp please? I'm guessing its not the same as the Burm - that would be too easy.

Its one of these: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kewAA...KC/s-l1600.jpg

Cheers
Alex
hi
did you ever manage to find a solution to this? Did you manage to get a signal from the midline amplifier ?
cheers
carl