C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AC intermittent failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 W205
AC intermittent failure

Please forgive me if this has been covered in another thread. I looked but couldn't find anything. I have a '15 W205 w/ 54k miles. Last summer the AC would sometimes take a long time to get cold/compressor to kick in. The car was under warranty so I took it to the dealer for service. I picked it up, and the service writer told me that they had replaced the compressor. I got in the car to leave, and it still wasn't working. I talked to the writer, and he told me to pull the car to a particular location, and they would get me a loaner to drive. When I put the car in reverse and backed it up, the compressor began to work, and the air got cold. I picked the car up a again a few days later, the writer said that hey had replaced a switch and a control unit and everything seemed to be working properly. I drove the car and about a month later it began to do the same thing. At this point the car was out of warranty, and I decided to address the issue in the spring time (now). I called the dealer and explained what had happened, and he wasn't very positive about getting MB to handle the issue, due to the length of time (my fault). He did say that if the parts were defective that he could prolly help me out. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything that I should check before I take it in for a costly diagnosis? Should I skip the dealer all together and take it to a good independent shop? Any advise?
Old 05-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Hey you have a five year old MB that is expensive to repair. Let the dealer scan the car to learn what is really defective or sell the car.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 186 Posts
W205 2015
Strange indeed. Why didn't this dealer fix this A/C right the first time and once for all? If they did a good job why did it stop working again. My dealer has one year warranty on its repairs. I thought it was a standard MB practice. If the same problem comes back again within one year of fixing it they fix it for free. I think you need to escalate talk to the manager tell him the fixed the car twice and the same problem came back again. Why do you have to pay for their lack of skills and quality work?
Old 05-11-2020, 07:24 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by jason.abner
Please forgive me if this has been covered in another thread. I looked but couldn't find anything. I have a '15 W205 w/ 54k miles. Last summer the AC would sometimes take a long time to get cold/compressor to kick in. The car was under warranty so I took it to the dealer for service. I picked it up, and the service writer told me that they had replaced the compressor. I got in the car to leave, and it still wasn't working. I talked to the writer, and he told me to pull the car to a particular location, and they would get me a loaner to drive. When I put the car in reverse and backed it up, the compressor began to work, and the air got cold. I picked the car up a again a few days later, the writer said that hey had replaced a switch and a control unit and everything seemed to be working properly. I drove the car and about a month later it began to do the same thing. At this point the car was out of warranty, and I decided to address the issue in the spring time (now). I called the dealer and explained what had happened, and he wasn't very positive about getting MB to handle the issue, due to the length of time (my fault). He did say that if the parts were defective that he could prolly help me out. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything that I should check before I take it in for a costly diagnosis? Should I skip the dealer all together and take it to a good independent shop? Any advise?
warranty repairs have a 2 year warranty on them, regardless if your car still has warranty.