C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Limp mode after muffler delete with JB4 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic amg package
Limp mode after muffler delete with JB4 C300

Hi guys so I’ve been running my JB4 for about 2 weeks with no problem. Map 1 on 91 octane and then recently Map 2 on 93 octane. Today I went and got my rear mufflers deleted just to try it out and on the way back from the shop, after a couple short pulls on sport +, got into limp mode and my car wouldn’t go past 3rd gear with no check engine light on dash or codes from the JB4 mobile app. Got home and turned the car off and unplugged and plugged back in the rainbow wire on my JB4 just incase and let the car sit. Got back in and drove around on comfort to see and nothing seemed to be wrong after some decent pulls. Planning on driving tomorrow regularly and give it a little push to see if I get put back in limp mode. If I do I just plan on putting the OEM mufflers back on. Anyone know why this could be occurring? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 Mercedes C400
Its not the muffler, unless it has some sort of sensor on it which i doubt. It may be the JB4 that's causing problems because if it was a sensor or a fuel pump or anything, it'll throw a code since there isnt, I think its the map.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic amg package
Originally Posted by allanyeung99
Its not the muffler, unless it has some sort of sensor on it which i doubt. It may be the JB4 that's causing problems because if it was a sensor or a fuel pump or anything, it'll throw a code since there isnt, I think its the map.
do you think that since there is so mufflers, the lack of backpressure mixed with the overboost from the JB4 caused the ECU to notice the overboost? Cause I don’t understand how RIGHT after I cut the mufflers, the car goes into limp. Would’ve been a crazy coincidence lol.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:29 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 Mercedes C400
Originally Posted by Capobian
do you think that since there is so mufflers, the lack of backpressure mixed with the overboost from the JB4 caused the ECU to notice the overboost? Cause I don’t understand how RIGHT after I cut the mufflers, the car goes into limp. Would’ve been a crazy coincidence lol.
I dont think so because it would have thrown you a code like if you had a catless dp with no tune, itll go into limp mode and you'll get a CEL. It could have been a hiccup with the car and tune, it happened to my C400 with stage 2 tune once. But i cleared it and never came back. Now if you dont go into limp mode again, it shouldnt be a problem just a hiccup. Its odd that you went into limp mode without a CEL. Like for me, I had a CEL and was able to atleast diagnose whats going on. I would recommend that you take your car to the dealership or a shop that has the advanced scanner for mercedes cars. They will bring up any code if there is an issue, even if the CEL isnt on.