C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

RW Carbon/Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 03:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 E450 4MATIC
RW Carbon/Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

I was curious if anyone has ordered any carbon fiber parts from RW Carbon? I have ordered a spoiler and new mirror caps. My spoiler looks great, but after a few months the mirror caps turned yellow. I spoke with RW Carbon who had me send back the mirror caps. They would not refund my money for the mirror caps and would only send me a new set. I was worried that the new set would also turn yellow. I spoke with the owner and was told that they do not offer a warranty period so he could not offer me a refund only another set.

Please let me know if you have had any luck with their products.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:22 PM

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I have no experience with RW parts but they advertise their parts as "clear coated for UV protection". Every cf part I've bought in the past turned yellow, I think some car makers with their OEM carbon parts have a much better clear coat for preventing it from going yellow. I recently got a cf spoiler and mirror too and coated it with the product Optimum Car Wax which has UV inhibitors in it to protect against the sun, it has really great reviews but I do not know how it will hold up and it's only been about 2 months so far. Plus my car sits out of the sun in the garage 80% of the time. You could consider having a shop add another coating of a good clear coat to help too.

Which RW spoiler did you end up with, and how is the fitment? I am considering changing up my spoiler for their DTM spoiler.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 E450 4MATIC
Thanks for the information. The cf spoiler I purchased was Part# mercw20501. The spoiler itself is pretty subtle. The fitment on the spoiler is perfect. It installed like most spoilers. I used 3M double sided tape and prepped the surface before install.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:26 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 & 335i 740whp
Originally Posted by jcorder3
I was curious if anyone has ordered any carbon fiber parts from RW Carbon? I have ordered a spoiler and new mirror caps. My spoiler looks great, but after a few months the mirror caps turned yellow. I spoke with RW Carbon who had me send back the mirror caps. They would not refund my money for the mirror caps and would only send me a new set. I was worried that the new set would also turn yellow. I spoke with the owner and was told that they do not offer a warranty period so he could not offer me a refund only another set.

Please let me know if you have had any luck with their products.
I've had the RW carbon fiber mirror caps for about 4-5 months and they have not faded. The key with all carbon fiber to prevent from yellowing is to seal the top coat & wax over it. I use chemical guys jet seal & the chemical guys butter wet wax on all my carbon pieces (BMW, AMG, Yamaha) & my carbon pieces have not turned yellow yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by thegreyone:
BayAreaAMG (08-05-2020), jcorder3 (08-06-2020)