C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Volume on 2019 C-300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Unhappy Volume on 2019 C-300

I purchased a 2019 C-300 last year. I really like the car other than the sound system. It sucks! It has the standard sound system -- the Burmester system in the color I wanted would not be in for an additional month and I didn't want to wait. I have the factory system in there. It doesn't seem like there is any bass and the volume in general is prolly the worst that I've ever experienced. I've already increased the bass to max and I have turned the automatic volume adjustment feature off. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Is there anything I can do to increase the volume? If I changed the subwoofer in the front of the car (which doesn't even seem like it's on), can that fix the problem? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic Sport
Audio issues are a frequent topic here. Especially with the base Audio 20 set up. Unfortunately, most improvements to the system can be time consuming and expensive. However, the route I took was replacing the door speakers with Audiotec-Fischer components and coaxials (made a huge improvement in sound quality especially given the addition of separate tweeters and woofers). As for bass, I added a JL 8inch and JL monoblock amp in the back, tapped into the left and right rear speakers. This setup is vastly superior (better than Bermester IMO) to the base set up, however, the best benefit comes from adding a DSP to the system. Happy to talk further if you're interested in how I did it.

PS: If you're wanting raw volume increase, the best way to do it would be to add a 4 channel amplifier.