C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Help with W205 floor mats + Check oil level

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
Help with W205 floor mats + Check oil level

Dear All,

I own a MB C250 2014 ( W205)
I live in Sydney and not too good with the ins and outs of a car but I’ll try my best to describe what I need help with. If you can assist me that’s would be really nice and helpful of you.
1) I’m looking for rubber floor mats as a secondary set of mats to lay down when we go to the beach or carry a lot of water debris from outside. I need not just the front rows but something that covers the rear floor including the middle section. Where can I find something in Sydney City ? I’m not looking for original or expensive stuff but something cheap as I’ll take off the current carpet mats before we go to the beach etc
2) my car’s servicing B was done in Jan 2020 and service A is due on Jan 2021. I use the MB adapter app and every 3 months I get auto warning to check tyres pressure and oil.
Since I don’t understand much about checking oil and filling it up can I get this job done by Repco or Kmart auto nearby instead of going to the dealership?
Is checking and filling oil normal as I never knew you had to do this until the service was due ? How much would this cost me ?
does this cover under MB used car extended warranty ?
If not what does the warranty really cover?
Old 10-12-2020, 03:43 AM

2016 C300 W205
Easy

Originally Posted by justanick
Dear All,

I own a MB C250 2014 ( W205)
I live in Sydney and not too good with the ins and outs of a car but I’ll try my best to describe what I need help with. If you can assist me that’s would be really nice and helpful of you.
1) I’m looking for rubber floor mats as a secondary set of mats to lay down when we go to the beach or carry a lot of water debris from outside. I need not just the front rows but something that covers the rear floor including the middle section. Where can I find something in Sydney City ? I’m not looking for original or expensive stuff but something cheap as I’ll take off the current carpet mats before we go to the beach etc
2) my car’s servicing B was done in Jan 2020 and service A is due on Jan 2021. I use the MB adapter app and every 3 months I get auto warning to check tyres pressure and oil.
Since I don’t understand much about checking oil and filling it up can I get this job done by Repco or Kmart auto nearby instead of going to the dealership?
Is checking and filling oil normal as I never knew you had to do this until the service was due ? How much would this cost me ?
does this cover under MB used car extended warranty ?
If not what does the warranty really cover?
for problem 1. Go on ebay and you can find rubber laser fitted ones for under $150 USD or universal for under $75 USD, problem 2. You don’t need to check your oil, your car is high tech enough that it will monitor the pressure and if it gets too low it will notify you, as long as you get your oil changed within 10,000 miles a change, you will not have to check it, it’ll be fine. If you would like to there is a dipstick under the hood, a stem with a plastic loop at the top.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:24 PM

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
W205 C200 AMG Line Premium
Just by a couple of metres of 4mm sheet rubber of ebay and use your existing mats as templates to cut new ones. You can probably buy the fittings there as well.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:45 PM

C250
thank you so much.
Do you know where I can get Tenorite Grey Color code 755 touch up paint ? Shipping and postage in Australia please
For Service A how much does it normally cost do they change engine oil etc ? I just want to know what would they perform ?
My brake pads might be coming to it's life how much does it cost to change brake pads ?
For my tyres I checked it's an average of 5mm left on the thread - how many KMs will this run before I have to change them ?