C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Connect Me app on imported car from Germany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snart merca
Connect Me app on imported car from Germany

I'm thinking of importing a C350e model year 2015-2017 from Germany to Sweden and I'm thinking about what happens to the app Connect Me (where you can lock your car from your phone remotely etc).
On a German C350e, would it only work in Germany? Or would it still work when I bring the car to Sweden?
I guess there is a SIM card in the car somewhere that connects the car to internet so that the app works. And SIM cards tend to have trouble being in another country than it was made for due to roaming charges.

So is the connection working internationally or do I need to change SIM card? or possibly a communication module or something?

From what I've heard all C350e should have the Remote Online option that makes it possible to communicate with the car remotely.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,883 Likes on 2,598 Posts
2019 C63CS
So these days they use an eSIM instead of a physical SIM card. eSIMs or embedded SIMs can be updated via software. Popular feature on many smartphones these days, so one can easily get a local or travel data plan when travelling w/o physically having to swap SIM cards. These eSIMs can then be activated as needed. For example, I have three eSIMs on my iPhone for when I travel, so I can activate different plans when I need them in addition to my main home plan.

I don't know if the Mercedes Me service in Europe roams. This is not only a concern if you are importing a car, but also for those who drive to another country. Maybe somebody in Europe can answer if their Mercedes Me services work outside of their country. But in any case, it should be as simple as getting your services activated for Sweden through Mercedes-Benz of Sweden. They should be able to provision the proper eSIM for your home market w/o having to swap out a communication module.