C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Interior Wood Trim Care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 c300
Interior Wood Trim Care

Hey guys. Wanted to ask if anyone has any experience maintaining their glossy wood trim. My center console has swirls and light scratches from the previous owner who seems to have worn a bracelet that would rub agains the trim right around the touch pad. I also took a look at my door trim with an led flashlight and noticed lots of hazy spots and what seems to be water spots. Was wondering if anyone is familiar or had an experience of polishing the wood without damaging or can tell me what products and techniques are safe on that. I also found what seems to be an automotive glue smudge and want to get rid off it as well. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-26-2020, 05:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C300 4matic Coupe
I use

P21S Concours Carnauba Wax. It fills in scratches too make invisible. Use a foam wax pad to place wax on wood. Apply in a circle motion. When wax dries remove with a microfiber towel. Wood will look brand new with a high gloss. You can purchase at WWW.auto geek.net.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well... at the Dealership - with any "shiny" trim especially the Shiny Black in C-Class/GLC - I have my guys use Novus #2 Fine Scratch Remover/Polish. It's based on diatomaceous earth -(silica fossilized diatoms) which will safely remove the scratches - the diatoms break down under pressure - so that this type of polish - will polish out the scratches - and NOT add more scratches.

CLICK HERE 2 OZ NOVUS #2 AMAZON $6.32 CLICK HERE 2 OZ NOVUS #2 AMAZON $6.32

On a console - start with a dap the size of a pea and rub that in in circular motion over a couple of square inches - note cloth with moist #2 does the polishing - continue to re-apply another pea as that earlier polish starts to dry -and wipe off excess - wait to dry to a light haze - then wipe with clean cloth. \

Don't be bashful "using" polish "time" with even pressure to polish out almost impossibly scratched areas - don't use "heavy pressure" to try to do faster since this polish doesn't work that way (breaksdown).

Also very useful for stubborn dried-highway-bug-bodies on headlights - windshield - chrome. Very/very useful for light paint scratches too sine it won"t ADD more scratches that harder abrasives will do - kindof foolproof actual - but DON'T use on clear plastic like instrument cluster lenses - don't use on LCD screens

The following users liked this post:
dmegeath (10-27-2020)