C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Send command via CAN BUS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350e
Question Send command via CAN BUS

Hello, I would like to turn on my C350e Plug-in hybrid pre-conditioning system remotely via some kind of microcontroller board (Arduino, ESP32, ETC.).
Right now, my car has no Mercedes Me connect or any online features since these features were not supported in my country at the time I bought this car. I'm a software engineer and I think I can implement the remote pre-entry function on my own. However, I have zero knowledge in automotive and in-car networking.

Right now my super hacky solution was to attach servo motor and make it press the pre-entry button for me remotely. (
) This button works even the car is locked. Another way to activate pre-entry climate is to set the departure time in the instrument cluster.

My plan is to tap into CAN-B and observe the values on the bus. Once I found the corresponding value, I will resend the CAN message and it should work, right?

What I'm not sure yet is does the pre-conditioning CAN message is really transmitting via CAN-B, It might transmit via CAN-H (hybrid CAN) since this feature is only available on a hybrid model. And there are lots of CAN message transmitting in CAN Bus in a second, which tools/software should I use for CAN Bus reverse engineering.

Could anyone guide me in the right direction, Thank you very much.

Pre-entry climate control button