C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Coper lines on windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c class
Coper lines on windshield

Probably someone already answered this question but i can't find any exact answer, what are these coper lines on both sides of my w205 c300 windshield? they look like some sort of antennas but for what exactly?

i highlighted them with red color because they weren't very visible in the picture.

coper lines on both sides.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:12 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
Does your car have Sirius XM? Only thing I can think of, my UK spec car doesn't have any wires in the front windscreen, the FM/DAB/GPS antennas are in the rear one.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C160
I have the same lines in my car that has a build date of December 2020. My previous car from earlier in 2020 did not have them. No satellite radio here in Switzerland just the usual FM/AM/DAB.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:52 PM

c class
Originally Posted by PaulR7
Does your car have Sirius XM? Only thing I can think of, my UK spec car doesn't have any wires in the front windscreen, the FM/DAB/GPS antennas are in the rear one.
i just checked and yes you are right, i have sirius thingy mcjiger lol, you helped me so much. My windshield cracked, the dealer is quoting me 1500€ but i found way cheaper used, but none of them has those antennas. Now i for sure buy that used one since I don’t even care about sirius or any satelite radio. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:30 PM

W205
Originally Posted by Eni Xh
i just checked and yes you are right, i have sirius thingy mcjiger lol, you helped me so much. My windshield cracked, the dealer is quoting me 1500€ but i found way cheaper used, but none of them has those antennas. Now i for sure buy that used one since I don’t even care about sirius or any satelite radio. Thanks again.
I can't say with utmost certainty that's what this is, maybe they relocated the antennas after the facelift as @jbnCH mentioned, however I'd rather have the dealer do the job of replacing the windscreen.
Too much that can go wrong if a 3rd party company does it, the rain sensor, cameras for lane assist/traffic sign recognition etc. and also countless stories I've heard of the windscreens leaking and killing all electronics inside.
Something to keep in mind, is it worth saving the 500-700€ for the sake of a 30000€+ car?
Old 04-12-2021, 05:41 PM

c class
I can't say with utmost certainty that's what this is, maybe they relocated the antennas after the facelift as @jbnCH mentioned, however I'd rather have the dealer do the job of replacing the windscreen.
Too much that can go wrong if a 3rd party company does it, the rain sensor, cameras for lane assist/traffic sign recognition etc. and also countless stories I've heard of the windscreens leaking and killing all electronics inside.
Something to keep in mind, is it worth saving the 500-700€ for the sake of a 30000€+ car?
I have to take a risk, the dealer quotes me 1500 and i can save 1000 plus. Mine it’s not a facelift, its a 2017, and yeah i will go through dealer one more time to make sure the correct price but mostly to find out from them what are those antennas for. Ive already changed the back window and no problems, the company i use works with car glasses for decades and they are good at their job, my only concern are those antennas since my car has alot of options and i’m not 100% sure if they are for the radio like you said or for the keyless go or for whatever.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:46 PM

W205
Originally Posted by Eni Xh
I have to take a risk, the dealer quotes me 1500 and i can save 1000 plus. Mine it’s not a facelift, its a 2017, and yeah i will go through dealer one more time to make sure the correct price but mostly to find out from them what are those antennas for. Ive already changed the back window and no problems, the company i use works with car glasses for decades and they are good at their job, my only concern are those antennas since my car has alot of options and i’m not 100% sure if they are for the radio like you said or for the keyless go or for whatever.
That's fair enough, just make sure the shop has some sort of business insurance first at least, no matter how good they are they could always screw up once in a while.
It's definitely not Keyless Go antennas, they will be located around the doors and inside the car, not outside on the windscreen as per the attached file.
Attached Files
Old 04-12-2021, 05:49 PM

c class
That's fair enough, just make sure the shop has some sort of business insurance first at least, no matter how good they are they could always screw up once in a while.
It's definitely not Keyless Go antennas, they will be located around the doors and inside the car, not outside on the windscreen as per the attached file.
thanks alot man you have been a great help.
are you from uk? I’m getting my glass from uk since i cant find them in italy.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:55 PM

W205
No problem, yes I am, I take it it's Pilkington? I don't know too much about it as the windscreen in my car is still holding up fairly well for being 7 years old but I'm pretty sure the OEM for our cars is actually Saint Gobain in case that matters to you.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:04 PM

c class
No problem, yes I am, I take it it's Pilkington? I don't know too much about it as the windscreen in my car is still holding up fairly well for being 7 years old but I'm pretty sure the OEM for our cars is actually Saint Gobain in case that matters to you.
tbh i have no idea what is it, i just know my friend found it for me, oem from a broken w205 with low kilometers and really good condition. It was hard to find because my windshield has double cameras and sensors