C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Advice and thoughts? : Window issues after putting tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2021 | 11:18 AM

MB C300 4MATIC, Santa Fe XL, Mazda Tribure
Advice and thoughts? : Window issues after putting tint

Hi everyone,

New here and have been reading through the forum since I got my CPO 2018 C300 a few weeks back.

I need some advice/thoughts regarding my issue.
Apologies for a long post.

I got my tint installed outside dealership.
After the install, the installer told me that they noticed the windows automatically went down while they were installing the tint. ( Both passenger rear windows it happened). The installer told me just to observe if it happens again.
​​​​​On my drive home, the left passenger side window suddenly opened and it was hard for me to close it.
on top of that, I noticed that my driver side window controls, when I press the switch to operate the front driver window, it somehow "tries" to open/close the one on the rear passenger window (weird). 😕 Like it screwed up the controls. This happened maybe 4-5 times during my drive, me struggling to open/close that rear window, and pressing the button for the front one actually opens the rear one.

I Went to the dealership immediately, they fiddled with it a bit, I'm assuming they tried to do the "window sync" for now. The windows they were able to close by then.They said they need to diagnose and of course, everything is out of Pocket as warranty doesn't cover it. Guy said probably the window module is damaged? So I was scheduled for service next Thursday.

That happened about 2 days ago, the window automatically opening hasn't happened again.
I haven't tried to test open the windows as the tint is new and needs to cure. ( I just hope tint didn't get screwed up with the up/down issue)🙁
I did try to use the driver side window controls to simulate "closing" the windows. What I did hear was a click on the proper window side when I press on the proper button. So my assumption for now is it got fixed with the sync and the front driver side control should not operate the back passenger one.

My question is, what do you think happened? 🤔
I'm thinking it got wet and somehow the tint guys also fiddles with the window buttons which screwed it up?

If by chance it got fixed or is working now( probably not wet anymore, or the dealer did the window sync that fixed it) Should I still go and get it diagnosed?

If it wasn't fixed, which I'll probably know in a day or two I've tint is cured, should I still go to dealer or an indie shop?

​​​​​​Anyway, hope you guys can give me your thoughts on this.
finally got my dream car and it is bothering me so much. I want to test it already but need to wait a day or two more. 😖

Old 05-01-2021 | 07:47 PM

2018 C43
My experience wasn't detailed as yours because, after having my tints done, I left the windows untouched for a week. Week after, rear right window didn't function. It went down but wouldn't go back up. Only way was to use fob remote window up. Anyway, dealer replaced the window control module.

Bottom line, when the tinter put water/soap mixture on the windows, it ran into the window module and damaging. If you still have warranty left, after tint dries up, just go to the service and say windows are wonky, don't mention the tint.

​​​​​

​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Nikky Respeto (05-05-2021)
Old 05-01-2021 | 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by stockbmw
My experience wasn't detailed as yours because, after having my tints done, I left the windows untouched for a week. Week after, rear right window didn't function. It went down but wouldn't go back up. Only way was to use fob remote window up. Anyway, dealer replaced the window control module.

Bottom line, when the tinter put water/soap mixture on the windows, it ran into the window module and damaging. If you still have warranty left, after tint dries up, just go to the service and say windows are wonky, don't mention the tint.

​​​​​

​​​​​
thanks for sharing. They already know it didn't have a tint before when I got the vehicle
I just hope it's not the module and hopefully the resync worked. Will know in the next few days.
Old 05-03-2021 | 08:16 PM

UPDATE

​​​​​​WIndows work!! Tried it just now after 4 days drying the tint and PPF with the sun

Probably just got wet a bit or the tint guys fiddled with the sync so it screwed it up.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​SO I guess no need to have it diagnosed for now right?
Old 05-05-2021 | 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
If it works - noting to fix.

The good thing is that the Excess Water dried and your modules came back to life strong !
The following users liked this post:
Nikky Respeto (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021 | 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
If it works - noting to fix.

The good thing is that the Excess Water dried and your modules came back to life strong !
Yes, was real happy it worked out.
Especially after a couple of sleepless nights being bothered about a little issue like this. 😁