C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Fault code P2282

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes C300 w205
Fault code P2282

Well the car has been trouble free for the most part. Besides the regular oil changes, a transmission reflash and a battery auxiliary all has been well. Driving the car now it feels sluggish and shifts weird meaning kind of jerky, short shift down low and longer up top. Drove to day and feels real sluggish once you step on the gas and it started studdering when I came to a stop light, didn’t die but felt like it wanted to. No lights or codes have come up in the car but I did flash for codes and one code popped up which is P2282 vacuum leak unmetered air before throttle body. Wondering if anyone has had this issue. Listed bellow is about the car keep in mind I have done nothing new to the car besides the wrap atleast in 6 months or longer.

2016 Mercedes C300 sport
30,068 miles
Racechip
BM air intake
Magnaflow mufflers
turbo kits.com diverted/blow off valve
tornado tuning pedal enhancement
turbo charge pipe
*the rest of the stuff is all cosmetic

Old 05-19-2021, 04:25 AM

w205 2017 Mercedes Benz c300
I feel like the w205 c300 models have the most problems & least amount of information on how to fix them. I've heard your case somewhere before when I was researching how to fix my TCU/ECU fuel pump no communication issue. your issue almost sounds like something that would be in a recall. Maybe you can get a petition going & get it fixed free if other MB users are experiencing the same problems
The following users liked this post:
Mercw205 (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 10:39 AM

2016 Mercedes C300 w205
Originally Posted by mbboye
I feel like the w205 c300 models have the most problems & least amount of information on how to fix them. I've heard your case somewhere before when I was researching how to fix my TCU/ECU fuel pump no communication issue. your issue almost sounds like something that would be in a recall. Maybe you can get a petition going & get it fixed free if other MB users are experiencing the same problems
you got that right with the not much info on these cars. The W205 doesn’t have a lot of knowledge in the community or the cars are just that well made and nobody has issues😂.

*Update: I decided to go through the entire intake area up to the throttle body and tighten everything up and change the spark plugs as well as change back to the stock air filter to see if that worked. I turned the car on and checked codes and now had 3 codes P0106, P0108, P0238. I cleared the codes again and nothing has come back so far. Car seems to drive normal again, idles correctly and shifts smooth now. I will see how long this lasts. I am not a fan of this transmission at all, shifts are not the smoothest and the 2nd gear shifts way too quick. I compare it my BMW 428i and the transmission are night and day different, the BMW shifts so much smoother and cleaner.