C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Fluid leak at front left tyre

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C 180d 2016
Question Fluid leak at front left tyre

Hi!

After I came home today, my neighbor told me that he noticed some fluid on the ground after we left our underground garage. He was not sure it was from my car, but he told me that it was on the line I drove when I left.
I checked under the car after about half an hour and I noticed a little fluid next to the front left wheel. It had no smell and no colour as far I could tell, but it had a little viscosity to it, so I'm not sure it was water.
Does anyone have a general idea what this may be? I know this is not a lot of info, but this is all I know, I'll keep an eye out for anything unusual when using the car.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Adam
Old 02-04-2022, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 787 Likes on 534 Posts
2018 AMG E43
My first thought is the possibility it is windshield washer fluid. Shortly after I bought my car, I had "water" dripping out from the front-left rear wheel well. Turns out it was leaking from the windshield washer fluid reservoir which is tucked in the body between the front left wheel well and the firewall. On mine, the gasket that seals the pump to the bottom of the reservoir was leaking (fixed now). Also, if I completely fill the reservoir, it will leak in the same area.

Have you recently filled your windshield washer fluid reservoir? If so, it may be so full that it's leaking out?
The following users liked this post:
badan (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Keith66
My first thought is the possibility it is windshield washer fluid. Shortly after I bought my car, I had "water" dripping out from the front-left rear wheel well. Turns out it was leaking from the windshield washer fluid reservoir which is tucked in the body between the front left wheel well and the firewall. On mine, the gasket that seals the pump to the bottom of the reservoir was leaking (fixed now). Also, if I completely fill the reservoir, it will leak in the same area.

Have you recently filled your windshield washer fluid reservoir? If so, it may be so full that it's leaking out?
Sounds possible, it would be calming for sure. I don't remember when I last filled it, but it has been sitting for a while so it's possible I haven't used it since. Also I checked today when driving out from from the garage, and after parking it, and I couldn't see anything, the area behind the wheel looked dry with no drip marks whatsoever.
I'll check this it out tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited by badan; 02-04-2022 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by badan
Sounds possible, it would be calming for sure. I don't remember when I last filled it, but it has been sitting for a while so it's possible I haven't used it since. Also I checked today when driving out from from the garage, and after parking it, and I couldn't see anything, the area behind the wheel looked dry with no drip marks whatsoever.
I'll check this it out tomorrow. Thanks!
Yep it was my washer fluid, thanks for your comment!
Old 02-07-2022, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 787 Likes on 534 Posts
2018 AMG E43
Originally Posted by badan
Yep it was my washer fluid, thanks for your comment!
Cool, another mystery solved!
Old 05-23-2023, 09:29 PM

GLC300
Originally Posted by Keith66

Hi there!

I know this thread is a bit old but wondering if you could please provide details as to how to get to the reservoir? I am experiencing the exact same problem: when I fill up the washer fluid reservoir, it immediately leaks completely from the bottom of the car. I looked under the hood and removed the plastic cover from around the neck of the filler tube, but I don’t seem to have access to the reservoir itself.

Do you know of an instructions doc or do you know how to gain access to the reservoir?

Many thanks!!
Old 08-03-2023, 12:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic (traded in 2016 GLC300)
Did you ever find instructions for accessing the leak? I could only find a good Youtube instruction video, but it was for an E-Class Mercedes. Possibly it would be a similar process - remove the wheel, lower panel, remove wheel lining, remove pumps, etc. Whoa, quite a bit involved.

If you took the car in for service to have it fixed, what did it cost?

Thanks!