C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Noise from the top of the door/window (something is loose)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 01:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Noise from the top of the door/window (something is loose)

Hi,

A few months back, I started to hear the noise from the top of the door when driving on not perfectly smooth road. Initially I thought it's due to the repair work on the door. The body shop tried everything they could but was unable to eliminate it. The noise sounds like something is loose at the top of the door.

I tried to isolate it but could not find out which parts is the root cause. One finding is that: if I roll down the window a little bit, like half inch, the noise is gone.

Now I started to hear from the other door, which never went through any kind of repair work. It's progressing -- it's louder than a month ago though not as loud as the driver door yet.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2022, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Get a card board tube from inside a used paper towel roll. Have someone drive on a bumpy road and try to find it.

Also, sometimes I think I hear a noise up front and it's actually coming from the back.