C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Saloon Sound Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W205 2020 Saloon Burmester
Talking W205 Saloon Sound Upgrade

I have a Premium Plus with a not so premium sounding Burmester system. It's my third Mercedes with Burmester but I like the sun roof!

I want to take the speakers out, replace them and add an amp. Choosing lottery numbers is an easier task.

1. Is there really any noticeable difference from Eton, Match, BLAM, or Musway speakers? Is there any point in putting Focal ISMBZ100 4" 2-Way Replacement Mercedes Component Speakers C-Class just in the front doors and others in rear etc?
2. What amp, Musway, Helix, Match or other?

I am not going to rush into this. The more I read, the more I learn such as having to buy a 'card' to go into the amp to allow me to use Bluetooth and be able to play WAV/FLAC files via USB/SDcard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C400
Talk to AudioControl about using one of their multichannel amps with DSP. I decided to leave my system intact and just add a sub to give the punch and bottom end that it lacks. Would be nice to intercept low level feeds and just install a MiniDSP, but I don't know if that's possible other than tapping high level out of the stock amp and redistributing from there.
Speakers are a more personal preference choice. I'm somewhat partial to Polk and Focal- but anything should sound good with the proper DSP behind it.
Old 04-23-2022, 03:51 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 AMG C43
I did an upgrade with the Focal front subs, door speakers, and Match UP 10DSP, also added an Audiofrog 12” sub in the rear. The front stage is fully active, an additional wire was run into the doors. I wasn’t happy with the Focal door speakers. I eventually replaced the 4” with the Match version and for the tweeter I got a used Audible Physics 1” and 3D printed some pods (I have a coupe, no sail panels). It sounds pretty good now but sometimes the tweeters crackle, may need different ones. The tweeters in the door didn’t play low enough/miss in door didn’t play high enough so these I can cross over at 2500Hz.

You might just try the Match or Eton speakers with a DSP amp, they probably would sound good. For reasonable money.